Sign in to follow this  
Francesco Tripi

Feel there ERJ175/95

Hi guys, I just bought the Feel There ERJ175 and ERJ195 for FSX.

I was trying to set up some liveries, taken by the AVSIM Library and by iniBuilds. Both the "read me" says that I'm suppose to put the folder with the texture I want in the folder of the 175 or the 195 (basing by what airplane livery you're trying to set in) and then I should modify the aircraft.cfg by adding whatever is written in the read me.

Well, I did all of this but it doesn't work at all, I can't set any livery.

Does anybody know how to help me?

Thanks!

Do you have “Show all variants” ticked in the aircraft selection Window?

when you modified the aircraft.cfg did you add the correct number, to follow in sequence? 

IE

[flightsim.1]
[flightsim.2]
ect ect

and have not left it with an X

[flightsim.x] as the repainters give you an X as they will not know how many repaints you have for your aircraft.

that’s  about all that can stop a repaint showing.

Luke Pype

MaDDog, I sent Francisco over here from the MSFS2020 Thread.

I suspect he's done a "Replace Files" instead of a "Merge Files" of folders...

It would be great if you can help him out with this as you are.

Nice One.

I deleted your other post in the MSFS2020 forum.  Here is the checkbox to put a checkmark into for "Show all Variations".

fsx-aircraft-selection-menu.jpg

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi guys, first of all, thanks for helping.

Actually I always had the "Show all variants" option selected, in fact I never had any problem with PMDG or Quality Wings products.

I wrote everything down on the aircraft.cfg file, modifing the [flightsim.x] with the number 1 instead of the x, I've seen that the default livery is under the number 0.

Tha problem is that it can't find the livery.

For example I tried with the Air Dolomiti one, what it showed me was a pic of a question mark with a white plane on tha back (you know the pic that fsx shows whan doesn't know what plane is it), but under it was saying "AIR DOLOMITI ERJ 195", so it actually got it.

When I tried to load it, it showed me the default Embraer once again.

So I don't know where I am going wrong.

Post your [fltsim.numbers] for all of the ones you have for either the 175 or 195, whichever is giving you problems.

[fltsim.0] through [fltsim.?]  Don't know how many there are for each aircraft.  Gotta make sure the sim=, panel=, etc are the same for each [fltsim.x].  That can keep it from showing.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Okay so, this is the content of the file that is giving me problems. I just bought this plane so, even if I tried many liveries, at the moment I have only one extra livery.

[fltsim.0]
title=Embraer 195 house
sim=emb195
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
kb_checklists=
description=FDE Rob Young - Alex Koshterek
ui_manufacturer=Embraer - feelThere
ui_typerole="Regional Jet"
ui_createdby="feelThere"
ui_type=Embraer 195
ui_variation=Embraer 195 Rollout
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=
atc_airline=Embraer
atc_flight_number=

[fltsim.1]
title=Embraer 195 Air Dolomiti (I-ADJW)
sim=emb195
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=I-ADJW
kb_checklists=
description=
ui_manufacturer=Embraer
ui_typerole= Regional Jet
ui_createdby=FeelThere
ui_type=Embraer 195
ui_variation=Air Dolomiti (I-ADJW)
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=I-ADJW
atc_airline=DOLOMITI
atc_flight_number=001

The fltsim.0 is the Embraer default livery, the only one that works, the fltsim.1 instead is the Air Dolomiti one, that isn't working.

I tried with many variants of the Air Dolomiti livery and even with a KLM and an Alitalia one, but there's still nothing to do.

For the Air Dolomiti [fltsim.1] I would change these to see if it helps:

ui_manufacturer=Embraer - feelThere

ui_typerole=  put in the quotes

ui_createdby= put in quotes

Try to make [fltsim.1] resemble [fltsim.0] as closely as possible. Make sure the new texture folder says texture.I-ADJW.  Open the texture folder and make sure there isn't a folder within a folder.

Be sure to be looking for the Air Dolomiti aircraft all the way through your Select Aircraft screen, not just next to your working one.  If the repainter did not include a thumbnail.JPG with the texture, then the generic question-mark aircraft will show in it's place.

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

23 minutes ago, Francesco Tripi said:

It worked! Thank you so much😊

You're welcome!  Hey, sometimes I get lucky! 🤪

• Like 1

Charlie Aron