Sign in to follow this  
haseen

Prepar3D v5 or MS FS 2020?

Dear:

I presently use FS X Steam and P3D v4.5. I purchased most add-ons for P3D v4.5 and all set with it. Now P3D v5 had come out. May be after some time MSFS 2020 will be in the market. Now I am confused whether I should go for P3D v5 or MSFS 2020. Because it is costly to change a sim platform. Please suggest which one I should select if I go for a change.

Regards,
Haseen Ahmad.

No one uses the MSFS not released and even the Alpha testers don`t know what the final product will be, so wait 6 months and you will be able to answer that yourself.

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1. Wrong Forum - Of course you will switch to P3D v5 !! 

2. Nobody knows how MSFS 2020  will be - or if it will be at all ! 😉

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

35 minutes ago, ggerolamo said:

1. Wrong Forum - Of course you will switch to P3D v5 !! 

2. Nobody knows how MSFS 2020  will be - or if it will be at all ! 😉

It will be there for sure with the same questions mankind faced in the past: Intel or AMD, NVidia or AMD, P3D or XP.....

ugcx_banner.png

Let me share my approach to the same question:

• Keep using P3Dv4.5.3 to the fullest and enjoy a wonderful experience with all your add-ons fully functional and a stable sim
  • During that time, thousands of "Beta" testers are getting v5 fully operational thanks to several Hot fixes coming from LM 
  • More add-ons are being released for v5,,, but many will need Hot fixes too...
  • Simultaneously MSFS will go through the last Alpha and Beta, and could be released by the end of this year
  • Then see by yourself if
  1. MSFS delivers what is being advertised and if this is what you want, (wait a couple of weeks to see the first users feedback)
  2. compare with P3Dv5 - which will be, by then, a very solid and stable sim with plenty of add-ons - and ...
  3. Decide!
Edited by Jean-Claude
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, haseen said:

Because it is costly to change a sim platform.

Many addons from 4.5 are updated for 5.x at no cost or just small update fees. With MSFS2020 your addons are candidates for the trashbin. You decide.

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

My advice, stay with 4.5 until MSFS is released. Then, prepare to be totally blown away..........

Edited by SierraHotel
  • Like 9

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

MSFS is still a fair way away, be lucky to see it before Xmas IMO. 

There is room for both in my opinion, if you can afford it 😎

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Depending on hardware as well....

No point in going for p5d for anyone with a gpu of less than 8G vram.

why must it be: or? I will have both with both own strenghts and weaknesses

I do really have my doubts if such threads are helpfull.....

I don't think so

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Why are we always waiting something else? Perhaps you can settle down and fly what you got.  

• Like 3

Confused? Methinks a little sit down and realise that you can actually have more than a single sim.

What is there to confuse you? Both will cost money!

Why are you asking a bunch of strangers to decide on your gaming for you? 

Man up! It's only a game!

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

5 hours ago, haseen said:

Dear:

Please suggest which one I should select if I go for a change.

Regards,
Haseen Ahmad.

Since you already have FSX & P3D, wait until MSFS2020 is released. If you are board try a different hobby.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Actually, If you want to play, or be entertained, your ONLY choice is either to stick with FSX, or save up for the hardware & software for MSFS. P3D is NOT an option.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

With MSFS coming on the fairly close horizon, I was naturally inclined to hold off on upgrading from P3D v4 to v5. If v5 had turned out to be amazing, though, that would have been a hard decision to stick to until MSFS is actually released.

But it turns out it was a very easy decision to stick to! P3D v5 seems to be a dumpster fire between DX12 bringing back the joy of OOMs (in a new form), the lack of addon compatibility, and general instability. The new v5 clouds are genuinely a big step forward for P3D, but they can't even compare to what MSFS will bring in the weather department.

(Before the usual suspects jump on me: I understand that some people are having no problems with v5. But my feeling is I'd have to be nuts to pay for the privilege of rolling those dice, for gains that remain evolutionary, with MSFS close at hand.)

James

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1