Sign in to follow this  
RudyB24

FS2020 FAQ

There is a thread called Ms/Asobo, PLEASE make a Faq

They can't do that without knowing the Q's.

Here it is ... FS2020 FAQ.

Anyone can post their questions here. It'll become a list of issues for MS/Asobo to clarify when ever they are ready to do so.

Who knows the answer to a Q can reply. Only facts or confirmed data, with mention of source. No speculations.

Edited by RudyB24

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

Are Navblue charts included without additional fee or subscription?

What does the phrase 'post launch service' mean?

What does MSFS being a 10 year project mean in practise when it comes to new features and content? Is Asobo going to be included with these plans and with what strength?

Seriously?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

14 hours ago, RudyB24 said:

Will tree sizes be customizable via the user interface?

Or even a configuration file whereby a scaling factor can be applied to different tree types, eg I might want to scale the size of "conifers" by say .75 (i.e scale them down to be 75% of their default size).

Matthew S

I believe there is a in-game "editor"...

• Can this be used to "edit" the default airports, ie add ground clutter, new buildings etc?
  • Can it be used to "paint" excludes, eg to exclude trees on approach?
  • Can it be used to "paint" areas with new tree/vegetation types?
  • Is it a "layer" concept like in FSX/P3D whereby layers of higher precedence override the lower layers?
  • Will there be a "repository" (the FS2020 "Marketplace"?) of custom scenery that users can share and download?
  • Is there a global configuration file whereby a scaling factor can be applied to different tree types, eg I might want to scale the size of "conifers" by say .75 (i.e scale them down to be 75% of their default size)?

Matthew S

On 6/30/2020 at 3:05 AM, RudyB24 said:

Who knows the answer to a Q can reply. Only facts or confirmed data, with mention of source. No speculations.

Pointless discussion. You will get no honest answers here or anywhere else until the final product is released. You will however get plenty of speculation.

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!

I believe the motive of OP is to provide the questions for MS/Asobo to answer, not for us simmers, especially those in Avsim forum.

Yes, that was the idea, to gather all the questions we have, plus the answers once they are known, all in one place, not polluted with speculations.

We can also list info that is already known, like 'what planes are confirmed' or 'what are the hardware requirements?' and provide links to the answers ... it can become a FAQ / wiki for anyone, also those who tuned in later.

But I already feel it probably was a fruitless attempt. Maybe I'll put together something on my blog. It would be nicer here at AVSim though, with the combined input and knowledge of many. Who knows, if it can become a separate forum chapter, together we can create 'THE place to go for all your FS2020 questions'.

Edited by RudyB24

Q. I heard on Avsim that this will be subscription only, and is really a game designed for those X-Box console kids. My question is: why would you do this, Microsoft??? 

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

43 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Q. I heard on Avsim that this will be subscription only, and is really a game designed for those X-Box console kids. My question is: why would you do this, Microsoft??? 

You "heard" this. It's nothing but a rumor. Ask Microsoft why when it is proven that it will be a subscription model. I have only seen this topic mentioned in various forums where people are purely speculating it will be subscription only.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be suprised as most software is going in this direction. Everything in the cloud seems to be another. I don't like either I mention but nothing is known at present. 

57 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Rob,

In one of the interviews conducted late last year with MS and Asobo (not Avsim), it was stated that there would be multiple ways to obtain the sim. Subscription is only one method, but they also confirmed that multiple, other means of obtaining the game/sim including one-time  payment were also planned. So the statement "subscription only" is not enitirely accurate.

Essentially MSFS is catering to multiple audiences and is a multi-platform product.Would you expect anything else from MS?

The interview with MSFS and Asobo I refer to is this one here : https://www.lanacion.com.ar/tecnologia/hablan-creadores-del-flight-simulator-2020-nid2318927.

Regards
Mark

PS. Look on the bright side. If MSFS fails you still have P3D, X-plane , Aerofly and DCS to fly. 😉

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

So, is this forum just a repeat of all the others? Maybe a cleaning out is due?

In any case, this might be FAQ's, but unless the answers are from either Asobo or Microsoft, & as this is just an Avsim forum, unless an answer is officially from either the developers or the owners of the brand, any comment from anybody should be deemed heresay & meaningless. 

Join the proper forum at https://www.flightsimulator.com/ or the new Discord forum, at the same place.. We do not want repeats of what has been posted before, & it's a bit arrogant of 'experts' to post in an official FAQ forum such as this. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...