Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

ATC Behaviour

3 hours ago, vp49p3 said:

Pilot2ATC does all of those things wonderfully.

VFR with P2ATC ?

take off request flight following, request Charlie transition airspace, contact towered airport, request full stop landing with controlled traffic, not going to happen. but 15 year old default ATC does. Also it won't vector you in it will just follow what you told it, it's basically just voicing the flight plan. All I'm saying is that not one ATC out there does it all wonderfully.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

7 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

VOXATC, but wait a bit because the P3d5 version is in the final stages of closed beta testing. 

Seconded, I've been flying the Q400 with it this last week, great results when paired with fsaerodata and navigraph. Manages IFR, VFR, it's CAP413 compliant, controls it's own AI traffic for ultimate realism (no other ATC app does that IIRC).  Also works beautifully with AIG AI package....

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, FPStewy said:

VFR with P2ATC ?

take off request flight following, request Charlie transition airspace, contact towered airport, request full stop landing with controlled traffic, not going to happen. but 15 year old default ATC does. Also it won't vector you in it will just follow what you told it, it's basically just voicing the flight plan. All I'm saying is that not one ATC out there does it all wonderfully.

Hi--P2ATC does all that VFR stuff.  There's a whole section in the manual about VFR flying, plus examples of scripts for VFR.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

On 6/30/2020 at 6:46 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

ATC programs are amongst the most difficult to create. That's why there are so few and why I still use the same one as I did 14 years ago.

Radar Contact v4.3 is now free as the developer has retired from FS programming. If you're more interested in correct phraseology and accurate instructions as opposed to perfect enunciation and inperfect instructions then give RC4 a try. Ideally suited for IFR flights and very easy to setup and use.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/547732-radar-contact-and-jdtllc-in-transition/

Hi Ray. I use RC4 and think the world of the developers offering it to the community free after disconntinuing development. On a humorous note my only complaint is the controllers always yell at you and sound word not allowed off. When I was a controller some of those Louisiana boys might be waiting for you at the base of the tower at the end of you're shift if you were constantly sour talking them. On a serious note it wouldn't be very professional or contribute to safety to be stressing the people you're there to help. Great program though.

• Like 1

Vic green

@PATCO LCH, Hi Vic. I hardly ever get yelled at! 😁 What are you doing wrong? 😉

I'm just pulling your leg of course. Tuning in to a new controller is one where people have said they get their chops busted for not doing it quickly enough. The key is not to acknowledge immediately. You do get some time to switch frequencies. The easy option is to hand over comms to Otto, your copilot.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather