Sign in to follow this  
airlinetycoon

SimConnect problem - no 1sec system event

2 minutes ago, kiek said:

Really strange movements are always caused by real time data sequence  errors  delivered to me by the data provider..

Yeah - that is actually true.  I've noticed that too.  Let's not -always- blame PSXT 🙂

• Like 1

UPDATE:

On a hunch, I looked at my camera add on and disabled an automatic mode which triggers after a delay when no mouse activity in the flight deck, and NO simconnect event!

Since I reinstalled the sim and all addons and this camera addons, that addon was updated and the update brought this automatic mode, so I just thought of it maybe that was it..

To be confirmed on the next flight (s), stay tuned..

airifr

15 hours ago, cknipe said:

Yeah - that is actually true.  I've noticed that too.  Let's not -always- blame PSXT 🙂

Didn't see this, let's not always jump to conclusion also cknipe high on your horses.

Go on Nico you can react to that too.

We're using a software which doesn't work properly, so we turn to the creator for solutions, we're not blaming anything 🙄..pfff

That is troubleshooting..

If having trouble with SimConnect server or clients, a SimConnect log can be set up quite easily by placing a simple text file created with Notepad into the simulator documents folder called "SimConnect.ini".

First locate the documents folder that contains the output from the simulator, files such as saved flights and plans are stored there. Examples:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

In the examples "YOURUSERNAME" must be replaced with the actual User name of the account so that the correct folder name is discovered. That folder name is used in the "SimConnect.ini" file

With the popup menu in Explorer in that folder, make a new text file called SimConnect.ini. Edit the file and enter the following information using the relevant folder name in the "file=" line:

[SimConnect]
level=Verbose
console=0

file=C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\SimConnect%01u.Log
file_max_index=9

[Panels]
GaugeDevDebug=1

After saving the file "SimConnect.ini" and whenever running the simulator a new log file will be created in that folder called "SimConnect0.Log".

In that log file will be details of the clients connecting to the server, the parameters they set up and all the events generated while the simulator runs.

Perhaps something can be found in that log relating to problems affecting SimConnect Clients.

Kind regards

Steve

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Elimination of possibilities is key to success when problem solving. We must start from a known situation. First a stock simulator must be tested for proper working. Next apply just one add-on that is to be tested. That means the only adjustment to the simulator is by the application of that one addon. So many times do I read "the sim is stock...apart from a couple of addons that I hate to fly without and some tweaks to the config". This is not about flying enjoyment, instead the shortest time to success is about knowing that possibilities are eliminated. Then after finding a problem we can make amends and install our regular addons for complete enjoyment.

When we have the add-on running in the stock simulator with no tweaks, adjustments or other add-ons installed, we can test it. As we test it, we can find if that has any problems or not. If there are problems we can relate those findings to the developer knowing that there are no other possibilities involved.

If we do not have a problem with that simplified setup then we know there is another add-on or adjustment that causes the problem so we have to now consider what addition or change to the simulator might invoke the problem. Have a think about which might be a likely cause.

We must step one thing at a time and even with myself on occasion, I have to try hard to curb my desire to add or change more than one thing. If the problem comes up and I have changed more than one thing, I am in the sorry position of retesting to find which thing invokes the problem. If appropriate, go first for individual add=ons before scenery or aircraft.

Sometimes it might not be practical to add one scenery or aircraft when we have for example 32 of those. In that case we can add half. If the problem, is not in that half we can add the other half. We can then remove half at a time so that only 5 tests need be made to locate one from 32 scenery add-ons.

The easiest way to create a stock simulator is to rename all the folders and installing again. With P3D we uninstall the client first before renaming all the folders, that leaves anything changed or added in place. If we want to restore the original setup we uninstall the client and delete the new set of folders, rename back the original folders, and install again. That way the add-ons are picked up as if nothing happened.

45 minutes ago, SteveW said:

If having trouble with SimConnect server or clients, a SimConnect log can be set up quite easily by placing a simple text file created with Notepad into the simulator documents folder called "SimConnect.ini".

First locate the documents folder that contains the output from the simulator, files such as saved flights and plans are stored there. Examples:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

In the examples "YOURUSERNAME" must be replaced with the actual User name of the account so that the correct folder name is discovered. That folder name is used in the "SimConnect.ini" file

With the popup menu in Explorer in that folder, make a new text file called SimConnect.ini. Edit the file and enter the following information using the relevant folder name in the "file=" line:

[SimConnect]
level=Verbose
console=0

file=C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\SimConnect%01u.Log
file_max_index=9

[Panels]
GaugeDevDebug=1

After saving the file "SimConnect.ini" and whenever running the simulator a new log file will be created in that folder called "SimConnect0.Log".

In that log file will be details of the clients connecting to the server, the parameters they set up and all the events generated while the simulator runs.

Perhaps something can be found in that log relating to problems affecting SimConnect Clients.

Kind regards

Steve

Thanks Steve for the tip, will try and test.

Regards,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AIRIFR said:

Thanks Steve for the tip, will try and test.

Regards,

OK. It may not show anything, who knows. I hope you guys can find out what's going on soon.

1 minute ago, SteveW said:

OK. It may not show anything, who knows. I hope you guys can find out what's going on soon.

I had already tested a new possibility yesterday by disabling an automatic feature within one of my addons, which I believe was interacting with PSXT, and didn't get the simconnect event.

With your file that might confirm, if the simconnect.ini get used on my next flight.

Thanks,

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AIRIFR said:

I had already tested a new possibility yesterday by disabling an automatic feature within one of my addons, which I believe was interacting with PSXT, and didn't get the simconnect event.

With your file that might confirm, if the simconnect.ini get used on my next flight.

Thanks,

OK. Good work. Remember when you need not get the log file output, simply rename the "SimConnect.ini" to stop logging.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveW said:

OK. Good work. Remember when you need not get the log file output, simply rename the "SimConnect.ini" to stop logging.

Alright,

Thanks.

On 7/31/2020 at 9:10 AM, kiek said:

Here a very last version with some extra checks on the validity of the position data.

It is recommended to let SimConnect create a Log file with the SimConnect.ini approach described above. 

Edited by kiek

48 minutes ago, kiek said:

Here a very last version with some extra checks on the validity of the position data.

It is recommended to let SimConnect create a Log file with the SimConnect.ini approach described above. 

Ok, I've just tried it on a 20min flight and got simconnect event again.

Here the Simconnect0.Log. I noticed it says SimConnect version 3.4.0.0, but I installed Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.61259.0 from the redist FSX-SP2-XPACK folder inside main Prepar3D, so not sure if normal?

1 hour ago, AIRIFR said:

Ok, I've just tried it on a 20min flight and got simconnect event again.

Here the Simconnect0.Log. I noticed it says SimConnect version 3.4.0.0, but I installed Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.61259.0 from the redist FSX-SP2-XPACK folder inside main Prepar3D, so not sure if normal?

Please post your Log.txt too. What flightsim are you using? If P3D you do not need to install a SimConnect Client if you are using PSXT 64 bit. I have P3D v5 and it says SimConnect version 5.0.0.0

EDIT: in the SimConnect0.log I see that you have several programs running via SimConnect. One is FSUIPC4. Do not that you should not use the AI managerr of FSUIPC... The last event in the Log is not from PSXT but from FSUIPC....

Edited by kiek

27 minutes ago, kiek said:

Please post your Log.txt too. What flightsim are you using? If P3D you do not need to install a SimConnect Client if you are using PSXT 64 bit. I have P3D v5 and it says SimConnect version 5.0.0.0

EDIT: in the SimConnect0.log I see that you have several programs running via SimConnect. One is FSUIPC4. Do not that you should not use the AI managerr of FSUIPC... The last event in the Log is not from PSXT but from FSUIPC....

I don't have log.txt, where do you find it?

Ok 3.4.0.0 normal then, since I'm using P3D v3.4, and you P3Dv5 so 5.0.0.0, it tallies.

I never used FSUIPC AI manager.

1 hour ago, AIRIFR said:

I don't have log.txt, where do you find it?

I never used FSUIPC AI manager.

Please read the PSXT Manual ... Did you never wondered where you could find the output of the Log functions in the PSXT user interface ?

Well,  you can find it in the PSXseeconTraffic folder. You are using a special PSXT exe with trace info. That info is stored in the Log.txt too.

FSUIPC AI Manager is running according to your SimConnect log...

Edited by kiek