Sign in to follow this  
ThrottleUp

No Boeing 737NG - I'm surprised! Why!? :(

Hi friends 😊

I'm surprised that there is going to be no default 737 (NG or MAX) in the new sim. Why an omission of the one of the worlds most famous workhorse planes? I realize MAX is very new (+ of course its ongoing issues) so maybe they couldn't get much in the way of performance parameters. They should have gone with the NG series like the popular 737-800. 

This way we'd have two of the worlds most popular jets - A320 & 737 - right out of the box. Instead they went from A320 to B748. Why do you all think this is? MS is based right in the Boeing hearland! 737NG data must be coming out of the trees there! 

I feel the same about X-Plane11 which has a fantastic stock 737-800 but no A320 to compliment it. In both sims we must now purchase 3rd party products to fill that gap. Furthermore not all of us want a study level sim (I'm aware of the PMDG announcement) so I'm also hoping a dev will make airliners for us casuals at the same level as the stock planes.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

Hi friends 😊

I'm surprised that there is going to be no default 737 (NG or MAX) in the new sim. Why an omission of the one of the worlds most famous workhorse planes? I realize MAX is very new (+ of course its ongoing issues) so maybe they couldn't get much in the way of performance parameters. They should have gone with the NG series like the popular 737-800. 

This way we'd have two of the worlds most popular jets - A320 & 737 - right out of the box. Instead they went from A320 to B748. Why do you all think this is? MS is based right in the Boeing hearland! 737NG data must be coming out of the trees there! 

I feel the same about X-Plane11 which has a fantastic stock 737-800 but no A320 to compliment it. In both sims we must now purchase 3rd party products to fill that gap. Furthermore not all of us want a study level sim (I'm aware of the PMDG announcement) so I'm also hoping a dev will make airliners for us casuals at the same level as the stock planes.

How are you so sure they won't have a B737 out of the box? Last time they talked about the default fleet, they said a lot more airplanes would be announced and come in the future. They already have a partnership with Boeing, so it would be "easier".

Then we had this unfortunate event we all know and things needed to change a little and they've said they would focus on the most important aspects of the sim (core features probably), while they are working remotely. I bet their focus now is to finish the sim and polish it, additional stuff will probably come later, when things get back to normal.

That said, we better just wait and see. 

1 hour ago, ThrottleUp said:

In both sims we must now purchase 3rd party products to fill that gap.

My personal gut feeling is that there were "deals" made with certain partners in exchange some included resources, if I could put it that way but it's pure speculation. Let's face it even if it did come with a 737 most would still get the 3rd party 737.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, ThrottleUp said:

Why an omission of the one of the worlds most famous workhorse planes? ... This way we'd have two of the worlds most popular jets - A320 & 737 - right out of the box... Why do you all think this is?

It seems a bit pointless to include more than one default aircraft type covering each category (basic light aircraft excepted), given they can only model so many with the time and resources available.

Basically it's opportunity cost, if they made a 737NG then you'd have to lose another complex jet like the 747 or all airliners would have to be further simplified, unless more resources became available. I like they have different manufacturers for the included airliners as it provides more variety, they could've done an A320 and A330!

In both sims we must now purchase 3rd party products to fill that gap. Furthermore not all of us want a study level sim so I'm also hoping a dev will make airliners for us casuals at the same level as the stock planes.

Complex airliners have traditionally been the preserve of third party developers, although I'm very glad Asobo are including a few popular airliners with more systems modelling than we got historically to get us started until the addon market catches up. If we're talking about FSX/P3D default quality airliners, they're so poor they're unusable imo, you can beat that quality with freeware jets. I'm sure developers like QualityWings, Aeroplane Heaven and Aerosoft will make nice addons that are usable and affordable without simulating non-normal ops.

MS is based right in the Boeing hearland! 737NG data must be coming out of the trees there! 

I don't think geographical proximity really matters much but Asobo is in France, along with Airbus. Microsoft is the publisher, not the developer. All manufacturers will be protective of their data but traditionally MSFS airliners were so simple the AOM/FCOM alone was more than sufficient!

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 4

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I'd be very surprised if the Zibo 737 is not ported over sooner or later by the developer.

Especially if FS2020 delivers on its promises.  Because if THAT happens ... pretty much EVERYBODY is going to transition over as fast as they can.  And with that his market too!

I would be surprised if Zibo's 737 appears in MFS because it wouldn't be a port, I think they'd basically have to start again.

PMDG abandoned their plans to port between FSX/P3D and Xplane after the DC-6 partly because of how much work was involved. Only Carenado/Alabeo have regularly done ports and their aircraft are generally very basic.

MFS is going to be even further away from Xplane than P3D was, you'd have to redo most of the modelling and textures to fit in with the new more detailed world, as well as having to recode most systems to work with the new platform and create an all new flight model.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Do we want two dozens of mediocre default aircraft or half a dozen of high quality ones ? 

Don’t a 747, a A320 and a Cessna bizjet cover already well the field to begin with ?

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

No one know how many plane the final product will have. It's way too early to speculate.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I'm fine with one default aircraft per category for the start.

Rather than a B737 I miss a Dash 8 or ATR 72, that category is missing completely so far in their lineup.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

48 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

I'm fine with one default aircraft per category for the start.

Rather than a B737 I miss a Dash 8 or ATR 72, that category is missing completely so far in their lineup.

The planes are largely limited to what companies want to show off. Boeing wants to show off it's new 747. Diamond wants to show off it's single and multi-engine offerings. TBM wants to show off its most expensive offering, etc. 

As far as I can tell, every single plane in the game is due to a partnership with the producer of that plane. You aren't gonna see random other entires like an ATR. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jonnoxx said:

I'd be very surprised if the Zibo 737 is not ported over sooner or later by the developer.

Especially if FS2020 delivers on its promises.  Because if THAT happens ... pretty much EVERYBODY is going to transition over as fast as they can.  And with that his market too!

Lol. The zibo 737 is based on resources from Laminar. I am that Austin would just love someone taking his IP in putting it in Microsoft’s new sim!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I know the Zibo is really popular but it's not an  PMDG 737 level plane. I just wish people would stop putting it on a pedestal so much.  90% of all the stream in Twitch is a Zibo stream. 

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

3 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I know the Zibo is really popular but it's not an  PMDG 737 level plane. I just wish people would stop putting it on a pedestal so much.  90% of all the stream in Twitch is a Zibo stream. 

It's a passion project by a perfectionist who gets constant feedback from 737 pilots. I've never used PMDG 737 but Zibo has got really good ingredients to be the most accurate 737 out there.

4 hours ago, FPStewy said:

My personal gut feeling is that there were "deals" made with certain partners in exchange some included resources, if I could put it that way but it's pure speculation. Let's face it even if it did come with a 737 most would still get the 3rd party 737.

No way, even if the sim sells millions of copies not even one in hundred players will ever buy a 3rd party addon.

Hello all,

I think we can summarise this topic this way

1. We do not yet know what is going to be included in the final release (aircraft/sceneries/utilities)

2. We have not yet been fully appraised regarding the full extent of third party developer involvement.

3. The actual sim platform has not been released as yet (Don't we all know that one .... Please hurry LOL)

4. Based on reality, fantasy  or expectation or not, these conversations are basically,  whilst interesting,  are really just speculation. 

Personally, my hope is that instead of a default 737, we get a free(???) Zibo modded aircraft or a payware iFly or PMDG addon. Why not all three?

We cannot possibly hope to get everything each of us want, (can you imagine that list) and expectations and reality rarely co-ordinate.

Patience is required here. Regardless, whether or not we buy or use them, unknown third party developers are going to play a huge part in the ongoing growth of MSFS2020 and if they do not, we may yet see something like a rebirth and death of FSW

I hope we all get what we want out of this new platform but it must surely, satisfy a huge number of current and future simmers.

Regards to you all

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.