Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

KA350i Version 1.1.31 Beta for Prepar3D v5 Released

Thanks for the heads up. I won't be able to test it for a while, but I'm curious to see how VRAM usage is especially with V5's hard limits. In V4, the KA350 is unusable at airports with heavy PBR. It's way more demanding than even the FSL 320 or NGXu.

5 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Thanks for the heads up. I won't be able to test it for a while, but I'm curious to see how VRAM usage is especially with V5's hard limits. In V4, the KA350 is unusable at airports with heavy PBR. It's way more demanding than even the FSL 320 or NGXu.

I will check it.

But in P3Dv4.5 I have  performance at the level of QW787.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Great stuff. 😀

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

So, if I buy the MilViz Kingair package, I get access to this v5 beta version?  Or not?

Thank you,

Bully.

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

5 minutes ago, djbully said:

So, if I buy the MilViz Kingair package, I get access to this v5 beta version?  Or not?

Thank you,

Bully.

Yes, you just have to contact MilViz to get forum access where they post beta versions.

• Like 1

Excellent, thank you 😊 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Compare FPS and MEM in P3Dv5

4k6j22.jpg

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

5 hours ago, Chapstick said:

In V4, the KA350 is unusable at airports with heavy PBR. It's way more demanding than even the FSL 320 or NGXu.

Not on my system. It has great fps, normally in the 50s, and in the 30s at Flytampa's CYUL.The FSL 320 has below 10 fps at CYUL for me. I don't have the NGXu.

Peter

The download available now is the high resolution model, you'll need an 11gb card. Guess I'll wait.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

am i the only one who is having issues with RealLight and RealGlass?

any aircraft utilizing these programs have the dreaded DXGI shutdown.

i can get the aircraft to load if i delete the the 2 folders in the aircraft folder.

is this the only way to deal with this issue?

David Myers

23 minutes ago, av8r13 said:

i can get the aircraft to load if i delete the the 2 folders in the aircraft folder.

Yes because beta reallight and beta trueglass combination is very VRAM heavy right now. So only way is to do that, or upgrade your GPU to another one with 11GB or more. Even then, it does not guarantee you will not run out.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

1 hour ago, av8r13 said:

Or simply wait for the low res. release and try that one.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

thanks. and this with my brand new RTX 2080 super :~(

David Myers

5 hours ago, av8r13 said:

No, you are not the only one. I had to uninstall and kill all other remains of the KA by hand like RealLight and TrueGlass and after that install needed ones via other fine working addon like maddog or as330 to get my sim back to a running state. At the moment the KA is on a 8gb card barely usable. Sure you can load here up on a small island in the nowhere with clear skies and EA turned off but thats not what to expect. Sure it is an early beta but I have serious doubts that the KA will fly for 8gb card users in the near future without doing big compromises on the sim settings. What really puzzles me is that I can load a high res default pbr maddog or other pbr plane with EA on and moderate to high settings and fly even into known vram hog airports without a problem. Since v5 HF2 I have a complete stable sim mainly flying A2A, PMDG747, Maddog and the AS Busses. But as soon as I try to use the tfdi 717 or now the KA the sim gets unstable and crashing even with other planes then. So the culprit for sure seems to be the beta versions of RealLight and TrueGlass that are coming with these addons. Lets keep the fingers crossed that they will fix the problems sooner or later.

Cheers

Thorsten