Anyone in this group know of a good 30hz monitor at 1080p? My current monitor is 60hz but only goes down to 50hz which is all fine and dandy but anytime my FPS dip below these numbers I get stutters. I keep my sims frames in sync with my monitor refresh rate so the solution to my problem is getting a 30hz monitor because no matter what situation I’m in I can always make 30fps in my sim. So any 30hz monitors that you know of please drop them below! Thanks 

Have you already tried using RTSS to limit fps at 1/2 x monitor refresh?

That would be easier on your budget..

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Have you already tried using RTSS to limit fps at 1/2 x monitor refresh?

That would be easier on your budget..

I have never heard of RTSS... I only have the Nvidia control panel and I. Have tried a half refresh rate on my computer but it makes my sim look ugly and notchy  

17 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

I have never heard of RTSS... I only have the Nvidia control panel and I. Have tried a half refresh rate on my computer but it makes my sim look ugly and notchy  

There have been topics on this forum covering this..

https://www.guru3d.com/files_details/rtss_rivatuner_statistics_server_download.html

Bottom of the page for RTSS download links.. try:

https://www.guru3d.com/files-get/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download,16.html

Set fps to unlimited with vsync off in P3D.

In RTSS, add a prepar3d profile with Scanline sync x/2 and a negative value.. I use -10

Dnhsv5z.jpg

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

On 6/30/2020 at 11:21 AM, Deltaair1212 said:

Okay thank you I’ll look into it! 

Hey Bert I’ve been trying this program and it’s really cool, I’m actually getting smoother gameplay as opposed to Nvidia Control Panel. I just have one issue. Whenever I bring up a third party 2D panel my screen flashes in and out. Do you experience this as well? It’s just whenever I move the 2D window around or if I press the windows home button my whole P3D screen goes crazy until I finish the task and it’s back to normal. Doesn’t seem to effect performance any though 

2 hours ago, Deltaair1212 said:

Hey Bert I’ve been trying this program and it’s really cool, I’m actually getting smoother gameplay as opposed to Nvidia Control Panel. I just have one issue. Whenever I bring up a third party 2D panel my screen flashes in and out. Do you experience this as well? It’s just whenever I move the 2D window around or if I press the windows home button my whole P3D screen goes crazy until I finish the task and it’s back to normal. Doesn’t seem to effect performance any though 

I have run into this once, with a popup F1 GTN panel... but I really do not have any insight into how this all works.. it may be related to nvidia drivers releases or RTSS releases, for all I know.

I am using RTSS 7.2.2. which is still available.. no guarantees..

Edit: turning RTSS off and on again seems to cure it..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I tried out RTSS with the same settings. It works great for locking down the FPS, but if I turn vsync off in the sim I get screen tearing.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10