Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

FSLabs A320 not installing in P3DV5 HF2

I have P3dV5 with HF2 and it has been working fine. Today, I have downloaded the FSLabs A320 for P3DV5, everything seem to go OK with the download. I start  the installation, put in my order details, email address and serial number, it gets activated and the install starts and completes. I reboot the PC, and start P3DV5, it gets no further than the splashscreen.

I have tried everything I can think of which includes:

• Extract the zip file and run the exe as administrator
  • Uninstalled the A320 and P3DV5 works perfectly
  • Repaired my P3DV5 installation
  • re-downloaded the A320 zip file in case the first one was corrupt
  • re installed turning off Trend security
  • run P3DV5 as administrator

each time I do this, I uninstall the A320, clean up with CCleaner, reboot and still cannot get P3DV5 to open. As already said, if I uninstall FSLabs A320 - then P3DV3 works perfectly.

Now a strange thing is that I use Simstarter NG, and if I refresh the aircraft list - it shows the A320 as being installed - yet P3DV5 will not go beyond the splashscreen.

What am I doing wrong, or what is going wrong?

All suggestions appreciated.

Edited by SquadronLeader

George Westwell

1 minute ago, SquadronLeader said:

Post this on the actual FSL forum so someone from the dev team can help. Wasting your time here with this.

Eric 

52 minutes ago, SquadronLeader said:

I have P3dV5 with HF2 and it has been working fine. Today, I have downloaded the FSLabs A320 for P3DV5, everything seem to go OK with the download. I start  the installation, put in my order details, email address and serial number, it gets activated and the install starts and completes. I reboot the PC, and start P3DV5, it gets no further than the splashscreen.

each time I do this, I uninstall the A320, clean up with CCleaner, reboot and still cannot get P3DV5 to open. As already said, if I uninstall FSLabs A320 - then P3DV3 works perfectly.

Now a strange thing is that I use Simstarter NG, and if I refresh the aircraft list - it shows the A320 as being installed - yet P3DV5 will not go beyond the splashscreen.

I'm using simstarter NG too, and no problems here with A320 and HF2.

My only suggestion is to uninstall your P3D client and then reinstall it. I was having all sorts of problems getting another program to install in v5HF1, and it turned out that my P3D client install was somehow corrupt. Unistall/Reinstall (rather than the repair) worked a treat, and the sim has been much more stable since as well.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, SquadronLeader said:

The only thing I didn't see you mention specifically is deleting your prepar3d.cfg file, which has been known to get corrupted more easily and has caused problems with startup or scenario loading with certain add-ons. I'd backup your prepar3d.cfg somewhere else, then delete it and see if you can start P3D and have it build a new one...

There was also a problem in HF1 where if there was a blank or missing description for the add-on in the add-on.xml file, it wouldn't load the sim. I thought it was fixed in HF2, but you might check the add-on.xml file to be sure there's a title and description for the add-on.

Otherwise, as suggested, I'd go to FSL directly for support on this.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Guys

I have tried all recommendations suggested in this thread, over and above those that I previously listed. The new recommendations I have tried include

• posting on the FSLabs forum - 80 reads so far but no suggestions or recommendations
  • renamed the config file so that the system could create a new one
  • completely unistalled and reinstalled P3DV5HF2 - the full programme

and still P3DV5HF2 will not open when FSLabs A320 is installed. Uninstall the FSLabs A320 and P3DV5HF2 works fine

This is my favourite plane and I have been so looking forward to the P3DV5 version - please - any more suggestions?

George Westwell

Looks like the problem is my Trend Micro security which prevents the loading - as when I disable it the A320 loads OK and all good. What files do I need to exclude in Trend Security to make it happen on an ongoing basis?

George Westwell