Sign in to follow this  
rwalls

Aerosoft CRJ Available for P3D v5

3 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Te EFB has the option to load data to the FMC.

@NightOfDreams and I were talking about fuel calculations. He was missing the CRJ Manager (no longer present in the CRJPro) which could do fuel predictions based on x factors.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@NightOfDreams and I were talking about fuel calculations. He was missing the CRJ Manager (no longer present in the CRJPro) which could do fuel predictions based on x factors.

I messed with the FMC a little after entering the PERF INIT data (pax, cargo, flight level) but couldn't figure out how it calculates fuel needed at the start of the flight. It came up with 3,000 lbs but I spent 5,000 lbs yesterday on the same route. I'll continue to use SimBrief and adjust accordingly. 

Edited by NightOfDreams

8 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

I use SimBrief.com and always seem to end the flight with way too much fuel, e.g. 3500 lbs. Not a huge deal but I like to plan realistic fuel.

@NightOfDreams, have you set SimBrief airplane profiles for the Aerosoft CRJs?  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

22 hours ago, Prpn said:

The thing is that it has been around for years now, in two forms (CRJ X and now the "Professional") without ever having the LNAV wrinkles ironed out. This inconsistency to remain on track or making steep turns at high flight levels has been around since betas for the CRJ X. I don't know how they dare to ask €75 for the addon.

Today, the plane went into the ground after the activation of the NAV to capture the glide path. I flew around Portland without a FMS flight plan. Failed to save anyone((

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

6 hours ago, BMW969 said:

Today, the plane went into the ground after the activation of the NAV to capture the glide path. I flew around Portland without a FMS flight plan. Failed to save anyone((

You should use the APR button to arm the approach mode (capture localizer and glideslope).  With autopilot active, the NAV mode would've turned the jet to the next route waypoint.  Since the CRJs do not have an automatic vertical navigation, the turn may have resulted in lost of altitude which would explain the crash.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

I can get the glideslope to work but damned if the localiser will kick in when using approach , so far 2 failed landings , thick cloud down to 1000 has not helped, ,With the useless lcd displays i have to run on pop out displays to read does no help and kills immersion.Struggling to like this aircraft so far prefer my q400 for this type of flight.    

Do I need to do something to make localiser work . Manually input Nav1 and course most fms set these automaically.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Just now, cannow said:

Do I need to do something to make localiser work . Manually input Nav1 and course most fms set these automaically.

The real CRJ has multiple software revisions for the FMS. Some revisions are able to use something called nav-to-nav mode, where it will switch from FMS source to NAV1 source automatically. So you can then just arm APR mode and not worry about a thing.

Older revisions you need to manually switch to NAV1 or 2 source for the approach. When on final intercept course to the localizer you would then switch to heading mode on the AP, put your needles to NAV1 source, then arm APR mode. Course and frequency are usually still tuned automatically, but that is dependent on distance to the airport if I'm not mistaken. 

Not sure what is simulated in the CRJ Pro as I never bothered with getting the addon, but make sure you are using NAV1 as navigation source and not FMS.

Edited by Prpn
Added quote

@BMW969 @cannow you normal fly the CRJ in NAV mode and as NAV SRC the FMS. Short before intercepting the LOC you must change the AP mode from NAV to HDG. You then check if the ILS freq is dialed in the radios. Then you check your CRS setting and switch the NAV SRC to VOR/LOC1.

If you are on an INTCP CRS for the LOC and close enough to the airport you will see the lower "diamond" (LAT DEV) starting to move and now you can hit the NAV AP mode again. The CRJ should pic up the LOC and allign you with the RWY (depending on the INTC angle you of course have to look for your speed). Intercepting the LOC in 30° and flying 240Kts is going to make the CRJ wals / dance from left to right until it finaly stabilizes on the CRS.

If all went well, the V DEV "diamond" should be completely up on the FD. Fly level and at some point it will start to move downwards. It's now when you have to hit the APPR button. The G/S capture should become active on the FD when the V DEV diamond is almost centered.

I personaly never had the CRJ not intercepting the LOC or G/S...

Gerald K. - Germany

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@BMW969 @cannow you normal fly the CRJ in NAV mode and as NAV SRC the FMS. Short before intercepting the LOC you must change the AP mode from NAV to HDG. You then check if the ILS freq is dialed in the radios. Then you check your CRS setting and switch the NAV SRC to VOR/LOC1.

Are you saying nav-to-nav mode has STILL not been implemented?

@Prpn I think I read something a while ago about NAV 2 NAV implementation but I didn't try it. What I know is that in early versions of the CRJ you had to dial in the Freq AND the CRS aswell.

It tunes the right ILS Freq and the right APPR CRS by itself since forewer so I think that that was the point for n2n implementation (I kind of kept flying the "old" way since the controller would always give me vectors for the APPR so flying in HDG mode was the right choice).

Gerald K. - Germany

On 7/7/2020 at 7:07 PM, SAX702 said:

@NightOfDreams, have you set SimBrief airplane profiles for the Aerosoft CRJs?  

I selected the CRJ-700 as the air frame, but I don't see any options specifically for the Aerosoft CRJ.

Nav-to-Nav function has been implemented ever since the v1.2.0 version last July 2018, as mentioned in the changelog for that update. So there should no longer be a need to switch nav sources.

Whether it is implemented and working properly though..

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

10 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

I selected the CRJ-700 as the air frame, but I don't see any options specifically for the Aerosoft CRJ.

You have to create one based on what's there.  For example, for the CRJ7, you can create an Aerosoft CRJ7 profile based on the simBrief CRJ7 profile.  It mainly involves specific weights and fuel capacity.  Please chime in if you need more help with this.  

• Upvote 1

dv

11 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

Nav-to-Nav function has been implemented ever since the v1.2.0 version last July 2018, as mentioned in the changelog for that update. So there should no longer be a need to switch nav sources.

Whether it is implemented and working properly though..

Tried it and of course it isn't. Doesn't switch nav sources automatically so even with Approach mode armed, you level off at the intercept altitude instead of following the glideslope.

4 hours ago, flycln said:

Tried it and of course it isn't. Doesn't switch nav sources automatically so even with Approach mode armed, you level off at the intercept altitude instead of following the glideslope.

I tried one flight and it worked flawlessly. Just before CF (final approach course fix) the FD showed in the lower left corner FMS1 / LOC1, the CRS and radios were dialed in on the correct ILS freq. The LOC and GS were interceped perfectly...

May I ask you to provide me your FPLN, used airframe, maybe the loads so I can retrace your flight?

I will try to capture a video from the APPR and post it online. 

Gerald K. - Germany