Sign in to follow this  
rwalls

Aerosoft CRJ Available for P3D v5

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Could you share the FPLN (date and time), loads, exact livery, CRS Alt, etc.? I will fly the RTE

Programs and Add-Ons:

• P3D v5 HF2
  • Aerosoft CRJ-550 "Professional" - United livery
  • ActiveSky for P3D v5 (Beta #7)
  • Ultimate Ground Crew
  • REX Sky Force 3D

Date and time:

• 7/12/2020
  • 16:42Z (pushback from KDEN gate A53)

Flight plan:

• KDEN to KDRO (alt: KABQ)
  • Departed Runway 25
  • ROCKI5 HBU V95 DRO
  • Cruising altitude: FL260

Loads:

• Pax: 40
  • Cargo: 1,500 lbs
  • Fuel: 6,084 lbs

It started banking to the right 25 NM to BAYLR, and again at 26 NM to HBU; both are SID waypoints. If I recall correctly, the second time was shortly after I entered the arrival runway into FMC.  The first time, I was doing absolutely nothing and it just started turning...

Edited by NightOfDreams

@NightOfDreams I will test your FPLN. Give me some time. I'm working during the week and have a small kid at home ;)

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

5 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@NightOfDreams I will test your FPLN. Give me some time. I'm working during the week and have a small kid at home 😉

I wonder if it the drifting off course can be replicated or if it's just a random error... the drifting on my plan occured early in the flight, and it's a short flight already, so you wont have to spend much time on it.

Edited by NightOfDreams

@NightOfDreams I'm not aquainted with KDEN.

Looking at the charts, the DEN VOR is located to the SE of RW25.

Did you fly RWY HDG then turned left towards the 243 radial from DEN (INTC CRS) and inserted a DIR TO BAYLR after intercepting? -OR-

Did you delete DEN VOR right from the start? etc...

Since your first drift started on the leg to BAYLR I would want to reproduce the exact procedure.

PS1: I started the flight but had a VRAM peek due to treffic resulting in DXGI bla-bla-bla

PS2: Did you ever tried to reproduce the drift yourselve?

Gerald K. - Germany

@GEKtheReaper

Didn't delete DEN; took off from RW25 on runway heading and then Direct-To BAYLR. 

I haven't tried to reproduce it, will likely be switching to FS2020 in a month anyway.

Just wondering, if you are able to replicate the issue, where do you go from there? Report the specifics to Aerosoft? I have zero clue how to investigate the cause.

Edited by NightOfDreams

@NightOfDreams si I recreated your flight and had zero deviations / drifts or erratic behaviour of the CRJ.

I made videos from parts of the flight: Prep, PB, Taxi, TO, xx dis to BAYLR and some more.

If you want to see those then you have to wait a bit longer. I have a c-r-a-p-p-y DSL internet conection which would take forever to upload.

To my Addons: I run ASCA instead of REX5 and GSX instead of your ground handling.

Be aware that REX5 products are NOT yet compatible with P3Dv5....I don't know anything about UGC.

Maybe you should take the time to recreate your flight and if the problem occurs, recreate it without REX5 e.g.

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

8 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Maybe you should take the time to recreate your flight and if the problem occurs, recreate it without REX5 e.g.

I still had the FSUIPC autosave file for the flight, so I reloaded prior to HBU. This time it did not deviate from the course on the leg to HBU. I tried twice - one time did nothing, and the other time entered the arrival runway into the FMC when 26 nm from HBU. 

I don't have the autosave prior to BAYLR.

So, I haven't been able to replicate the issue even using the original flight save file.

Despite a lot of the hate this plane gets, this issue doesn't bother me a whole lot since it's pretty infrequent and is easily correctable, as long as you're paying attention. Issues like CTDs annoy me a whole lot more.

Overall, the plane has many things to like and looks and sounds amazing. The little things don't bother me - I don't need it to mirror the real plane 100.00% to enjoy it.

Edited by NightOfDreams

4 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

I still had the FSUIPC autosave file for the flight,

Could somehow the Autosave interfeere with the flight? AS Planes are sensitive with low FPS. If the Autosave will bring the FPS down it could "damage" the AP..

Gerald K. - Germany

9 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Could somehow the Autosave interfeere with the flight? AS Planes are sensitive with low FPS. If the Autosave will bring the FPS down it could "damage" the AP..

I don't know, I have no idea what programming goes into the autopilot. If it happens again I'll see if it coincides with the autosave function. 

4 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

I don't know, I have no idea what programming goes into the autopilot.

What I wanted to say is that Aerosoft aircraft somehow depend to >18 steady FPS or they will act weird. It has something to do with the computation of the AP per frame. Since v5 does have some spikes, I was wondering if maybe FSUIPC saving from time to time would actualy interfeere with the AP by temporalily lovering FPS....It's just a goose haunt realy.

I retried the RTE a 3rd time now and the flight was again uneventfull. Since I don't use FSUIPC, I was aiming at the stuff you have installed that does not coincide with my setup.

Gerald K. - Germany

An experimental update (2.2.0.1) is now up for grabs.  Changes are:  

2.2.0.1 Experimental
- [Fixed] Potential crash on STAR selection page due to buffer overflow
- [Fixed] Custom waypoint connections to previous and following waypoints
- [Fixed] CRJ 900/1000 EICAS 2 DOORS page
- [Fixed] Changing of arrival procedure prior to departure not possible
- [Fixed] Airports (or other objects) disappearing from MFD
- [Fixed] A condition where VS would not activate in coupled VNAV mode
- [Fixed] Changed flight level indication in MFD VNAV window from "F" to "FL"
- [Fixed] Mach Trim INOP light color changed from red to yellow
- [Fixed] Flaps 20 speed for CRJ-900 changed from 230 to 220
- [Fixed] LNAV deviating off course on long direct legs
- [Fixed] Aviaserver EFB support (requires Aviaserver 9.3 or newer)
- [Fixed] Gear lever state ignored when loading a flight
- [Fixed] Missing ALTS CAP indication
- [Fixed] VNAV mode changes (there have been several errors in this area)
- [Fixed] No more leading zero if MDA indication is below 1000ft.
- [Fixed] AviaServer CDU screen not updating
- [Experimental] Optimized order of displays drawings
- [Fixed] 1/2 and frequency tuning in RTUs
- [Fixed] Down selection of COM frequencies on FMS RADIO page
- [Fixed] Added LOC and GS deviation scales for HGS PRI flight mode
- [Fixed] Adding custom waypoints caused CTD on LEGS page when switching to FPLN page
- [Added] Weather radar can be displayed on the First Officer MFD now.
          Tilt, gain and range are the same as on the Captain's side WXR.
          WXR/TERR and WXR mode are controlled by the FO WXR panel

Additionally, the update installs the navigraph access DLLs and runs the trueglass beta installers to fix some customer's installations.

Use Aerosoft Updater configured to download experimental updates to get it.  

• Like 1

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Is the performance any better?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

15 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

What I wanted to say is that Aerosoft aircraft somehow depend to >18 steady FPS or they will act weird.

I have no idea why they made this asinine programming decision. This 18 fps nonsense didn't afflict the previous versions of the Airbusses and the CRJs.

On 7/15/2020 at 6:37 PM, micstatic said:

Is the performance any better?

I’m curious too, won’t be able to try it myself until the weekend.

• Like 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM