Sign in to follow this  
rwalls

Aerosoft CRJ Available for P3D v5

Performance, no, it's not better.  Frames fluctuate wildly, and I can't enjoy it.  However, they did fix some issues that have been voiced for years and it's good to see them resolved.  They just need to figure out what causes the frames to spike and plunge in a typical flight.

Edited by curt1
Clarity

one of the unfortunate things of a brand new simulator coming is that we know development resources at aerosoft will likely be focused elsewhere. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

If I turn my display settings down, I get 30 FPS with little fluctuation and no apparent stuttering. I have frame rate locked to 30 FPS externally in Nvidia control panel.

i do the same.  only plane i ever had any problems is this one.  I'll have to do some more tests as I lost interest a few weeks ago

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, curt1 said:

Performance, no, it's not better.  Frames fluctuate wildly, and I can't enjoy it...

Ugh.  

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I'll just add one final comment that should be noted.  My recent CRJ performance issues are within P3Dv5.  I uninstalled v4.5 awhile ago, and I didn't have too many fps issues on that version.  My FSLabs 320 and PMDG NGXu both seem perfectly matched to V5, with little to no stuttering, so I expected something big from the CRJ.  It looks great, sounds quite good, and a lot of bug fixes recently are a plus too.  Once they get the performance figured out I'll happily fly it again, but it's not worth the time when my other addons have surpassed them.  

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, micstatic said:

one of the unfortunate things of a brand new simulator coming is that we know development resources at aerosoft will likely be focused elsewhere. 

Except that the CRJ is only marketed and sold by Aerosoft.  It is the Digital Design CRJ, designed by Hans Hartmann and not the Aerosoft in-house guys.  YES Hans seems to work with the Aerosoft in-house guys too, but the CRJ is like the Aerosoft DC-8.  It's not really Aerosoft. The DC-8 is the Michael Cependa DC-8.  As for their development schedules and priorities, I would think that they are their own, although I'm sure as talented designers their services are in use by Aerosoft in some capacity, so, you're also still likely to have a point that devtime could be a bit...diluted.   

I think we've already seen that effect with some developers in the last year or so -- certain known-about updates haven't materialized, certain known-about add-ons haven't been released.   Those developers have been doing something but we weren't 100% sure what it was.  We suspected MSFS work and we weren't wrong.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

kind of like PDX and flightbeam.  I get it.  I just figured aerosoft would have the expertise to overlook the code and find the problem since they are very experienced with multiple aircraft out there.  My big question.  How can these developers have been working on MSFS if the SDK isn't released?  Or have some of them been able to get it early.  I don't know the answer

I'm considering going back to the old, "unsupported" CRJ 700/900 X. The performance is way better compared to the current version of the CRJ Professional - a consistent 30 FPS with minimal stuttering. 

I was flying the CRJ Professional over Colorado this evening and the frame rates dropped to a 16-20 fps slideshow. Makes it not enjoyable and look like complete garbage. Never had this issue with the old version or any other aircraft for that matter.

Edited by NightOfDreams

On 7/17/2020 at 10:25 AM, curt1 said:

My recent CRJ performance issues are within P3Dv5.  I uninstalled v4.5 awhile ago, and I didn't have too many fps issues on that version.

For me, they are definitely present in 4.5.

5 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

For me, they are definitely present in 4.5.

If you're using the latest CRJ version, then I would agree with that.  They fixed a number of bugs in the most recent release which is for both 4.5 and v5, and in doing so introduced a very poor performance profile.  The last flight I had with it showed frames bouncing from 10 to 30 (external limited to 30), back to 10, then 20, 30 again, 10 again.  Then it settled at around 14 and I knew this needed a lot more attention from the developer.  They took three steps forward, and then 10 steps backward, as bad performance overrules any other pros you can say about it.     

I really want this plane to work so I've been messing with the settings lately. Complete uninstalled P3D and everything and reinstalled one thing at a time.

With just the base game and no add-ons, I get 40+ FPS with no stuttering. Using default display settings I get in the 50's. 

Adding ORBX brings it down to the 30's but still decent. Will continue experimenting.

Right now my biggest annoyance is FPS will go down to the teens for a second or two, but then go back to the 30's+ and generally stays there most of the time.

Specs are Intel i7-9750h (6 core), RTX 2060 (6 GB VRAM), 16 GB RAM, M.2 SSD

With every other plane I've tried (no other airliners) I can almost max out settings and still get 30 FPS or more. Never have any VRAM issues unless max everything out.

Edited by NightOfDreams

1 hour ago, NightOfDreams said:

Right now my biggest annoyance is FPS will go down to the teens for a second or two, but then go back to the 30's+ and generally stays there most of the time.

Sounds like my experience.  It’s stable and “reasonable” in the 30s (not ideal but tolerable) then dips routinely down to the teens which then leads to the significant stuttering.

As an aside, I still for the life of me can’t tweak out HDR settings to look “normal” (default shaders); still very very gray, washed out like I’m wearing gray tinted glasses.