Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

TO ENVTEX OR NOT TO ENVTEX

Hi,

I like the default p3d v5 colors (with ea on) and was wondering what you all think of the combo p3dv5+ envtex+envshade (+asca). I already have asca and envshade   even if I’m not using them at the moment.

Should I get envtex? Would envtex make p3dv5 look more realistic?

Thanks

I like it, but that's with MY eyes - your opinion may  be different.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Unless I misunderstood something, when EA is on it takes control. So you can have v5 only without EA and all the rest. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Hans

Envtex is good. To me, it does improve the default textures overall. Envshade is not a Tomatoshade or PTA replacement, which have great presets that can transform how the sim looks. Envshade has around 10 settings which can be tweaked to change shaders and to @hjsmuc point, it only works when EA is off.

Pete Gordon

ASUS TUF Z370-Plus | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GTX 1080 |  1TB SSD

Envtex is very good. I use it in P3Dv4.5.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

Envtex is very good. I use it in P3Dv4.5.

Cheers, Ed

What are your settings? 

Edited by BMW969

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

I know some folks have developed the skills to make things work. However, personally I don't add a bunch of mods to my sim. I prefer to use 1 or 2 and that's it. And, make my environment as natural as possible. I have seen some Sims are are either too bright, too dark, colors way too saturated .And, though some may look "nice" in colors, it defeats the "natural" look.

Stay with one product, if possible. Adding too many, ends up as a soup, looking very unnatural.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

What are your settings? 

Ufff, a difficult one, as there're more than 16 settings in ENVTEX. And also different textures to choose from, which depends on your taste, monitor resolution, colors, shaders, etc., etc.

Try to find your preferred ones for your specific system, ENVTEX is very easy to use and reliable.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

are you guys using the envtex rain?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

38 minutes ago, micstatic said:

are you guys using the envtex rain?

Nope. Using REX4 TD (sounds) + PrecipitFX for all special effects.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

19 hours ago, MindYerBeak said:

Hi,

I like the default p3d v5 colors (with ea on) and was wondering what you all think of the combo p3dv5+ envtex+envshade (+asca). I already have asca and envshade   even if I’m not using them at the moment.

Should I get envtex? Would envtex make p3dv5 look more realistic?

Thanks

actually i had to decide nearly the same. 

V5 with EA on is for sure the most realistic appearence of the athmosphere and shows to my eyes nearly 100 % what i see if i look thru the window in reallife. This is the case for the lighting, the shape of clouds, the sky (getting much darker blue on high altitudes i. e.) and for the nightsky especially at the twilight zones. (The stars in legacy mode are still too big and too bright.)

But with the actual beta issues of EA, which is for me at first that the weather is not "localized" and even not smooth and stepchanged by advancing the leg. Secondly, the hard "switching" of the weather if AS is actualizing is anoying. At third, the clouds seem to be way too high. (if the cloudlayer schould have a thickness of, let´s say 3000 to 4000 feet and the bottom is around 2500 ft, the cloudtops are at 5000 or 6000 ft. But if i´am at FL380 it looks like if the clouds reach up to FL350 or something,  which is very very unrealistic. And i´am not talk about Cumulunimbus.) 

I´ve had a nice shader setting in 4.5 with PTA where the athmosperic lighting, saturation and haze was very realistic. And i have nearly the same now with V5 in legacy mode + ENVTEX,+ENVSHADE+ASCA+ASP3D. I will cope with this compromise until the EA is out of beta and uses what it is capable of. 

At least i profit from the much better performance of V5 and already decided to wipe 4.5 from my system.

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

1 hour ago, BerndB said:

And i have nearly the same now with V5 in legacy mode + ENVTEX,+ENVSHADE+ASCA+ASP3D. I will cope with this compromise until the EA is out of beta and uses what it is capable of. 

Would you mind sharing your settings ? Thanks

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, edpatino said:

Ufff, a difficult one, as there're more than 16 settings in ENVTEX. And also different textures to choose from, which depends on your taste, monitor resolution, colors, shaders, etc., etc.

Try to find your preferred ones for your specific system, ENVTEX is very easy to use and reliable.

Cheers, Ed

Hey Ed-

Does ENVTEX cooperate with ORBX textures (around and on/in airports for example)?

31 minutes ago, newtie said:

Hey Ed-

Does ENVTEX cooperate with ORBX textures (around and on/in airports for example)?

Never had an issue or conflicts till now with ENVTEX and ORBX textures (I suppose you're referring to openLC, regions, airports).

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed