Sign in to follow this  
Axel c

REX weather problem whit AI

Hi! I use rex weather and have noticed that the atc gives me and the AI traffic different landning runways. For exapmple in Rome, I was cleard for land on RWY 16L, and the ai traffic was cleard to land on RWY 34R. (The same runway but from the other side) 

How can i solve this problem so we don't crash. 

Sincerely Axel

make sure you let the Sim run for about 20-25mins after laoding the scenario to let the AI sattledown. The problem when using 3rd party waether is, that it is injcted after the scenerio start and the AI is already injected while loading. So the approch will be calculated based on the defualt weather.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

9 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

make sure you let the Sim run for about 20-25mins after laoding the scenario to let the AI sattledown. The problem when using 3rd party waether is, that it is injcted after the scenerio start and the AI is already injected while loading. So the approch will be calculated based on the defualt weather.

If you leave the sim for around 20-25 mins after loading will the AI change eventually to use the correct runway?

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

11 hours ago, Gadget FPV said:

Which Software are you using for the AI?

I´m using Alpha India Group traffic.

4 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

Okay, Thanks for your help! I will try it!

10 hours ago, cooperwarner8 said:

If you leave the sim for around 20-25 mins after loading will the AI change eventually to use the correct runway?

the time can verify but 20-25mins are a good value for medium airports. Since this is the time a newly injected approching AI Aircraft needs from the edge of the bubble to reach the airport. Use the time after loading the scenario to perform your preflight checks (and if you have GSX for catering/loading/refueling). You can ofcause use time acceleration up to 4x (faster and the AI will be removed)

11 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

I load my flights with air traffic @ zero. As soon as all is loaded (indcluding weather), I set my traffic sliders to my desired values.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

I load my flights with air traffic @ zero. As soon as all is loaded (indcluding weather), I set my traffic sliders to my desired values.

should work as well, but i recommend letting it fly for 20mins since the AI is sometimes spawing way to close to the Airport which will end in many go arounds