Sign in to follow this  
Markek

Help with Installation Errors

Would someone with patience help an old guy who is only computer semi-literate with installing Radar Contact 4 on a Windows 10 network machine?  

Specifically, I am getting the 713 and missing .ddl errors MSSTDFMT.DLL.   While running a search, I get several responses but they seem to be either dated with dead or questionable links.  Not sure what to do with it if I  do find a reputable download.  If anyone has recent experience and can provide me steps, I would greatly appreciate it.

I had Radar Contact 4 running on my previous network computer which had FSX and Windows 7 installed and had no issues.  This new system has Windows 10 and thus the MSSTDFMT.DLL issue. 

Thanks in advance.

Mark K

Mark,

That file doesn’t exist on Windows 10. If you have access to your Windows 7 computer it’s located in C:\Windows\System32. Copy it to a USB stick and then copy it into both C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWow64 folders on your W10 PC.

If you don’t have access to the W7 computer send me your email address in a private message.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray,

I was able to download the file from another PC that has Windows 7 installed.  I copied and verified that I installed the file in both locations per your direction.  

However, I still get the following " Run-time error 713...." as well as "registry key for FSX not found, please browse to your FSX directory..."

On my former networked PC, I had FSX installed but was using the network to link to P3D on my main sim computer if that helps.

Thank you!

Mark

Hi Mark,

Have you registered that DLL? That must be done otherwise RC4 can’t use it. There is a pinned topic on registering so once you’ve done that you’re closer to getting things sorted.

You can just create a dummy FSX.EXE file. Create a text file and rename it. Place it in the main P3D folder.

You can run RC4 either on the same PC as FS or remotely. If your old PC is still available why not use that? You’ll need WideFS of course. Sound is better and you can use ShowText for the RC menu.

Confirm which way you’re planning to use RC4.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray:

The old PC that I had networked was my previous FSX Windows 7 PC but it suddenly died and so I replaced it with a new CPU that is where I'm trying to add RC4 to.  (The PC that I copied the file from that has Windows 7 is used by my wife for work purposes so not available.)

I had RC4 running with WideFS and ShowText-the difference being it was Windows 7 and had FSX on the cpu.

I followed the the registration but got the error, "The module "msstdfmt.dll was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c".  I researched the code and looks like I'm getting way deeper than my ability.

Could I install FSX (still have the disks) on the new (network) cpu as a shortcut since that worked before?  Or I guess the .dll issue is a Windows 10 vs 7 issue??

Thanks for your guidance.

Mark 

Mark,

Can you clarify if you’re installing on a networked PC or the one running P3D.

That error message suggests the DLL is not registered. That needs prioritising. Did you see a message in a DOS window saying the DLL was successfully registered? If not, that must be done first. And you must run that DOS command with administrator privileges. That’s probably why it failed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray:

I (actually you) have it working again.  Have Widecient and Showtext installed. Thanks so much for your expertise and especially your patience!  There's no way I could have figured this out without you.

I was installing to a networked PC.  The hangup with the registration was not using admin privileges.

Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark, glad to hear you're running again. Make sure you have the latest versions of FSUIPC and MakeRunways at Pete's site.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather