Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

P5D Autogen not loading at destination

*Update*

So medium is the best bet but not perfect I've increased other sliders to positive results (mesh on 1m etc, see below for settings).

I am getting VRMA usage of around 50-60%, FSL 320 is running around 30-40fps, but I am still seeing some areas of slow tile load in (blurries before loading the resolution).

https://imgur.com/FRP7U7X

I guess it's the same issue with autogen not loading.

We're getting better but not quite there yet.

Edited by aceridgey

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

22 hours ago, aceridgey said:

Hi all,

P35 V5. I run a high(ish) spec computer, but with V5 in particular, autogen is not loading at the other side on descent. It does load physcially behind the aircraft.

I have ample memory available, FPS are not an issue. What is going on?

https://imgur.com/s1mHORa

https://imgur.com/NAc8tLd

I have to say that I am experiencing the same thing in V5 HF2. One thing I am sure about though is that in HF1 I didn’t experience slow loading autogen. I am wondering whether if there’s been maybe some small tweaking going on from Lockheed Martin to ensure better VRAM management maybe (just a theory). As in V4 and previous versions of V5 I had no issues with slow loading autogen...

• Like 1

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

You might check out this thread here: 

One of the things I noticed is that if running unlimited frames, when I temporarily disabled vsync in sim and had it just set in NCP, I lost my autogen and got blurry terrain textures.  There are some thoughts in this thread related to AM and FFTF that might help you...

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

5 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

You might check out this thread here: 

One of the things I noticed is that if running unlimited frames, when I temporarily disabled vsync in sim and had it just set in NCP, I lost my autogen and got blurry terrain textures.  There are some thoughts in this thread related to AM and FFTF that might help you...

I am running both V4 and V5 with frames locked at 30 FPS within the sim as this ensures the continuous loading of autogen (with only exception that in V4 I turn it to unlimited in heavy areas - but only for take off and landing).

Balint Szarka

13 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

You should also try turning HT ON as V5 seem to make better use of it as V4 did.

Just keep core 0 away from it, with an proper AM setting like 12277 you should be good to go.

12277 for a 4-core HT=on isn't making sense to me.  12277 = 0010 1111 1111 0101

That would work well for an 8 physical core cpu with HT=on but...unless I'm missing something that would not work for a 6700K HT=on  (?)  Or perhaps you were giving an example of an AM you use.

@aceridgey

In my opinion neither AffinityMask nor FFTF should be added until everything else is set up.  Once you get there....unless I am forgetting my calc skills, an AffinityMask of 253 = 11111101  gives full bandwidth to Core0 (for nice Core0 activities like autogen loading), and yet leaves all other cores for texture-loading, something I think is crucial for a 4-core like a 6700K.  Then I would make sure my add-ons were loading into later cores (i.e. not core0 or core1) - personally I do that by starting add-ons with a batch file -- with an affinity of FC in your case.

It could be that with the FSL A320 you are going to have to run cpu-intensive sliders at a lower position than you'd normally use, but that's not a problem because you can save a settings profile just for that aircraft.  You should still be able to have autogen veg on "Dense" I would think, but you have to watch the Autogen building slider and both Special Effects sliders.  I haven't tested v5HF2, maybe they have improved the performance of AG buildings and special fx now...one can hope.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

13 hours ago, Balint Szarka said:

I have to say that I am experiencing the same thing in V5 HF2. One thing I am sure about though is that in HF1 I didn’t experience slow loading autogen. I am wondering whether if there’s been maybe some small tweaking going on from Lockheed Martin to ensure better VRAM management maybe (just a theory). As in V4 and previous versions of V5 I had no issues with slow loading autogen...

With your CPU this reinforces to me that this is software not hardware related.

I believe that HF2 may have broken somethings, or, in a desperate attempt to reduce VRAM usage (even with dynamic setting turned off), they've changed the way scenery is loaded into the sim.

• Like 1

Alex Ridge

Did you just update to HF2 or did you do a full un-install and a made sure to delete all files, then do a full install of v5HF2?

If you just updated you might have found your problem Alex.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Did you just update to HF2 or did you do a full un-install and a made sure to delete all files, then do a full install of v5HF2?

If you just updated you might have found your problem Alex.

Did a full uninstall and reinstall 

Alex Ridge

Hoping you should not have said that.

Try locking FPS within the sim that should give you much better AG/texture loading. Test to see if that helps. As it gives you a FFTF 0.33, Lock below amount your PC can hold. you might not like it but to test try locking at 20 fps, I know it will be horrible but see what happens to your problem them. It could be  good place to start.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 minutes ago, aceridgey said:

Did a full uninstall and reinstall 

Same here, did full uninstall and deleted all leftover files, including the ones in Appdata folder.

Balint Szarka

Definitely worth playing with FFTF. I have mine set to 0.45 using Dynamic FFTF.

I use the FPS scenario and set 22 Min FPS 29 Max. 

FFTF 0.02 Min, FFTF 0.45 Max.

In sim I have vsync on, TB on, locked 30FPS. 

I have high autogen/scenery settings and I don't have any issues with slow autogen loading, or blurry textures. Even after 4 to 5 hour flights! 

Cheers,

Bully.

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

3 minutes ago, djbully said:

Definitely worth playing with FFTF. I have mine set to 0.45 using Dynamic FFTF.

I use the FPS scenario and set 22 Min FPS 29 Max. 

FFTF 0.02 Min, FFTF 0.45 Max.

In sim I have vsync on, TB on, locked 30FPS. 

I have high autogen/scenery settings and I don't have any issues with slow autogen loading, or blurry textures. Even after 4 to 5 hour flights! 

Cheers,

Bully.

What is your monitor's V-refresh rate setting?

Thanks.

Some systems block threading. Since that's a four core with 8 thread capability, I would turn on HT and use an Affinity mask = 245. Test by flying fast to a new location,.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

48 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Some systems block threading. Since that's a four core with 8 thread capability, I would turn on HT and use an Affinity mask = 245. Test by flying fast to a new location,.

I am on an old 4790K 4 cores 8 threads with HT on Steve, always used 85 in V4.5. I am very new to v5

Your AM 245 turns OFF HT00 & HT01, am not questioning your setting but interested why this is best for v5?

Also I am still kicking all addons OFF Core 0 is that still good practice?

Edited by Nyxx

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I am on an old 4790K 4 cores 8 threads with HT on Steve, always used 85 in V4.5. I am very new to v5

Your AM 245 turns OFF HT00 & HT01, am not questioning your setting but interested why this is best for v5?

Also I am still kicking all addons OFF Core 0 is that still good practice?

245 = 11,11,01,01 which uses 6 LPs 0,2,4,5,6,7 which includes LP zero

put addons on 10,10,00,00

Edited by SteveW

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com