Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

P5D Autogen not loading at destination

13 minutes ago, SteveW said:

See my point about starting an exe without affinity then reducing LPs can result in a different effect. Even so that exe is set away from the first cores as you correctly state.

Even after following your link, writing a BAT file I think is beyond me. 

ASP4/ProATC I start before the sim then do the affinity setting thing

Chaseplane auto starts with V5 so again no idea how to do that. 

Any help would be amazing.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 7/1/2020 at 10:11 AM, JoeFackel said:

You should also try turning HT ON as V5 seem to make better use of it as V4 did.

Just keep core 0 away from it, with an proper AM setting like 12277 you should be good to go.

For sure you should use 61 on an 4-core. 12277 is for an 8-core.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Note that AM=61=111101 HT disabled using five of six cores

AM=61=00,11,11,01 HT enabled using 3 of four cores.

12277=00,10,11,11,11,11,01,01 should be pretty good AM for an 8 or more cores.

First try 5461=00,01,01,01,01,01,01,01 which is seven of eight cores

10 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Even after following your link, writing a BAT file I think is beyond me. 

ASP4/ProATC I start before the sim then do the affinity setting thing

Chaseplane auto starts with V5 so again no idea how to do that. 

Any help would be amazing.

Using notepad make a file called exeapp.txt and in that put:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "Notepad" /affinity 160 "C:\Windows\notepad.exe"

Save it close Notepad.

Then after that change the ".txt" to ".bat"

Now double click it and Notepad should start up.

Look in Task Manager for Notepad.exe in the details tab and right click it and choose set affinity from the popup menu

You should see checkboxes from the top down:

unchecked, unchecked, unchecked, unchecked, unchecked, checked, unchecked, checked

= 10,10,00,00 which is from right to left

Now edit the .bat and replace Notepad with your exe app and try again.

example:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "MyExeApp" /affinity 160 "C:\AddonFolder\MyExeApp.exe"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

OK will try that thank you

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

What is your monitor's V-refresh rate setting?

Thanks.

60hz 

I have set a custom resolution for 30hz, but I don’t think it works with my monitors. 
Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Cannot get it to work

made a BAT file

and it starts AS but affinity mask does not set.

A copy of what I have entered

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "MyExeApp" /affinity 160 "C:\Program Files\HiFi\ASP3D\ASP3D.exe"

and

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "MyExeApp" /affinity 160 "D:\PRO-ATC\PRO-ATC-X\proatcx.exe"

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

How do you separate the cores on which addons run?

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Cannot get it to work

Just try this instead, much simpler for end user, but same bat file program launch process:
https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=affinity_shortcut.zip&Author=&CatID=root

N.B.

This tool allows you to start any program with a specifec affinity code The affinity code tells the computer which CPU cores to use to run a program. The tool will create a shortcut to start the program with the set affinity The shortcut must be run as administrator ! Due to windows restrictions, it will not work for apps installed in \programs files and \program files(x86)

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Gents, with all due respect, this thread is about autogen loading. Not the best AF for different systems.

Can you take it to private messages and keep the discussion on subject? I doubt highly that an AF mask settings is going to fix this issue. 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

1 minute ago, aceridgey said:

Gents, with all due respect, this thread is about autogen loading. Not the best AF for different systems.

Can you take it to private messages and keep the discussion on subject? I doubt highly that an AF mask settings is going to fix this issue. 

With all due respect a decent AM can make a massive difference to slow loading autogen.

How? Well if you have external apps or Windows processes hitting the same key LPs of your CPU as P3D, that's going to take away the processing capability of that LP to render autogen.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I am on an old 4790K 4 cores 8 threads with HT on Steve, always used 85 in V4.5. I am very new to v5

Your AM 245 turns OFF HT00 & HT01, am not questioning your setting but interested why this is best for v5?

The OP is having AG issues.  As we know AG is a main thread item (i.e. is not very threaded), at least it has been up until now, and I don't think v5 changed that.   He needs all the main thread processing he can get.  Hence Steve's suggestion for masking the first two virtual cores.  Actually I suggested to Alex (the OP) to mask off only the FIRST virtual core (AM=253) given we're talking FSLabs A320 + 6700K, but what Steve mentioned (AM=245) is fine too.  First two is ok.  It's just one less vcore for texture loading.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

24 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Cannot get it to work

made a BAT file

I use a batch file to set app affinity, I can post up part of it when I get home tonight.

I use hexadecimal to set affinity -- it works every time.  I use FFC since I have a 6-core with HT=on.   FFC keeps all addons on later cores (i.e. not Core0 and Core1, which I want totally unencumbered by add-ons).

• Like 1

Rhett

27 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Just try this instead, much simpler for end user, but same bat file program launch process:
https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=affinity_shortcut.zip&Author=&CatID=root

N.B.

Wow what a great app. So easy to use. Thank you very much for the Head up.

@Alex you need all this AM stuff to make your P3D run better mate.

27 minutes ago, aceridgey said:

2 hours ago, SteveW said:

As for missing autogen at the destination - that can result from not using LP0 or core 0 in an affinity mask. So it may be worth it to try an experiment with your systems: Set up an affinity mask that avoids core zero or LP zero and fly a fast aircraft to a location several miles away and see if the autogen is not happening. Then try with the AM  using LP0.

With P3D and FSX it works best in HT enabled and we make sure only one LP of the rightmost core is active: example 11,11,11,01=253

As for missing autogen at the destination - that can result from not using LP0 or core 0 in an affinity mask.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

32 minutes ago, aceridgey said:

Your slider settings will fix the issue, but a good AffinityMask allows you to set sliders /higher/ which is also a goal.

Another thing about autogen loading is that it still, to the best of my knowledge, still largely depends on the main thread (i.e. Core0 typically).

This means that in your case you will want the main thread to run as quickly as possible.   A couple of ways to do that:

1) overclock
2) affinitymask it's LP 
3) FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION (FFTF)
4) move apps like ActiveSky etc. to later cores

If I left something out, I'm sure one of these fine fellows will correct me.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

1 hour ago, Mace said:

This means that in your case you will want the main thread to run as quickly as possible.   A couple of ways to do that:

1) overclock
2) affinitymask it's LP 
3) FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION (FFTF)
4) move apps like ActiveSky etc. to later cores

👍
5) Move as many Windows background processes away from Core 0 as possible.
5b) Use Prio - Process Priority Saver or Process Lasso to help your PC remember what processor affinity you apply. (These don't necessarily work for every PC setup).
6) Prevent your antivirus program from actively scanning P3D's various files and folders while the sim is running.

I had to whitelist each P3D folder and every conceivable P3D add-on app location from being actively scanned by Bitdefender. Was quite a shock afer I had upgraded from a Ryzen 1700X to a 3700X and installed the new AV program to find that P3D had become very stuttery and suffer from late loading of AG and ground textures. Thankfully, I recognised early on that Bitdefender was doing too good a job.