Sign in to follow this  
cyberpilot

Throwing in the towel

After spending far too many hours trying to install the GTN750 in the Aerobask Lancair I'm throwing in the towel.

First time around I actually did manage to install it but kept on getting "error code 52 invalid licence" or "expired/invalid" messages when I tried to run it.

So then I tried reinstalling it but this didn't fix things, despite multiple attempts.

So then I downloaded it again from F1 and attempted to reinstall again, but despite many attempts kept on getting messages saying "error creating or running files - could be caused by background applications preventing creation of files" or "runtime error 75 path/file access error" or "runtime error 76".

In between times I kept on getting the dreaded "order exceeded activation limit" message forcing me to reactivate the order on multiple occasions.

Well, I have to say I'm over it altogether and wish I'd never bought the word not allowed thing.

And yes, windows defender was always switched off - I have no other virus scanners.   

Edited by RXP

Hi mate, If you haven't. Try putting the 'RealityXP' folder in your root 'C' drive and not in 'program files' or 'program files (x86)

• Like 1

Hi,

It is unfortunate you didn't get the out-the-box experience expected.

There error messages you're mentioning are unusual/unseen yet and there must be something specific on your system otherwise I'd suspect these forums would be flooded with similar reports.

If there is any indication of failure in 'creating' or 'accessing' files on your system, it is most likely true (from the OS standpoint). Which means you might want to review your user account access rights to C:\ , whether you didn't disable UAC, and any other stuff related to this.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)