Sign in to follow this  
corosife

REX Environment Force Vs Active Sky and ASCA [ASKING]

Good Morning From WIII,

I have read a lot about rex environment force and active sky along with active sky cloud art but I still don't understand the difference of them.

Can anyone help me to explain the differences of them?

I want to get a flying experience that has realistic weather such as weather changes, texture of rain water, wind texture, etc.

It might look like it's late to buy among the three, but I'm trying to improve my game and try a more real environment.

AS is much more detailed and accurate with real weather representation, it is more mature and serious app with ton of options.

REX is on other end, and they said their weather app will not be improved.

Also be aware that for example in case of PMDG ( maybe also others ) only AS is weather source for their weather radar to work.

Regarding visual changes, u can buy REX Env Force and combine that one with AS - although i do not see significant visual change or improvement.

For sky and clouds i prefer REX Sky Force which also works hand in hand with AS as weather engine.

• Upvote 1

Artur 

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

AS is much more detailed and accurate with real weather representation, it is more mature and serious app with ton of options.

REX is on other end, and they said their weather app will not be improved.

Also be aware that for example in case of PMDG ( maybe also others ) only AS is weather source for their weather radar to work.

Regarding visual changes, u can buy REX Env Force and combine that one with AS - although i do not see significant visual change or improvement.

For sky and clouds i prefer REX Sky Force which also works hand in hand with AS as weather engine.

So which one should I choose? Can the AS be combined with environmental forces and ASCA? then whether Active sky can change the weather when we are above the clouds? Active sky and rex environment force can changed the weather constantly? Thank you for your suggest.

I want my simulator looks like realistic. Like a storming, rainy, and etc. What is your suggest? Active Sky or REX environment force?

Edited by corosife

for a combination and use of these weather programs read this tutorial.

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

4 minutes ago, Jac_49 said:

for a combination and use of these weather programs read this tutorial.

Thank you for your suggest. But i think we disscussing about Environment Force, not sky force. Active Sky enable for storming and rainy?

Edited by corosife

i do not use ASCA cause i don't like their textures, for me best combination is to use AS as weather engine and REX as texture provider.

Artur 

2 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

i do not use ASCA cause i don't like their textures, for me best combination is to use AS as weather engine and REX as texture provider.

ASCA just provide the textures of cloud?

Can I combine 3 of them? I mean, Active Sky + Environment Force + ASCA + Envtex?

read below the status about Rex Sky Force and Rex Environment Force product update.  you can find this on the official site of REX, especially about Rex Environment

**SUBJECT:**
REX Product Compatibility with Prepar3D v4.5 HF3 and Prepar3D v5+

**TYPE:**
NEWS

**LEVEL:**
HIGH

**DATE ISSUED:**
Monday, May 11, 2020

**EFFECTIVE DATE/TIME:**
Monday, May 11, 2020
**END DATE/TIME:**
Monday, June 1, 2020

**NEWS TOPIC:**

Over the past few weeks Lockheed Martin released Prepar3D v4.5 Hotfix 3, Prepar3D v5, and Prepar3D v5.0 Hotfix 1. We wanted to take time to inform you of the status of our product line compatibility with each simulator.

**Prepar3D v4.5 Hotfix 3:**
The following REX products are 100% compatible with Prepar3D v4.5 Hotfix 3:
•    REX 5 – Environment Force
•    REX 5 – Sky Force 3D
•    REX 5 – Worldwide Airports HD
•    REX 4 – Texture Direct with Soft Clouds
•    WX Advantage Radar

**Prepar3D v5 or Prepar3D v5 + Hotfix 1**
Currently none of our products are “officially” compatible with Prepar3D v5+. However, since we are part of the beta team for Prepar3D, we have been actively testing and evaluating each product. Here is the current status of each:
***In Development:***
•    REX 5 – Sky Force
•    REX 5 – Weather Force (Add-on to Sky Force)
***In Process: ***
***Under Review:***
***Will not be made compatible for Prepar3D v5+***
•    WX Advantage Radar

We will keep you updated with the status of each product as we progress. Thank you for your patience during this time.

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

1 hour ago, corosife said:

Can I combine 3 of them? I mean, Active Sky + Environment Force + ASCA + Envtex?

I would skip ASCA and stick to AS + Envtex and eventually EF, but last one value is questionable, so it is up to u.

Yes, ASCA is for texture only

Edited by Beardyman

Artur 

31 minutes ago, Jac_49 said:

read below the status about Rex Sky Force and Rex Environment Force product update.  you can find this on the official site of REX, especially about Rex Environment

**SUBJECT:**
REX Product Compatibility with Prepar3D v4.5 HF3 and Prepar3D v5+

**TYPE:**
NEWS

**LEVEL:**
HIGH

**DATE ISSUED:**
Monday, May 11, 2020

**EFFECTIVE DATE/TIME:**
Monday, May 11, 2020
**END DATE/TIME:**
Monday, June 1, 2020

**NEWS TOPIC:**

Over the past few weeks Lockheed Martin released Prepar3D v4.5 Hotfix 3, Prepar3D v5, and Prepar3D v5.0 Hotfix 1. We wanted to take time to inform you of the status of our product line compatibility with each simulator.

**Prepar3D v4.5 Hotfix 3:**
The following REX products are 100% compatible with Prepar3D v4.5 Hotfix 3:
•    REX 5 – Sky Force 3D
•    REX 4 – Texture Direct with Soft Clouds
•    WX Advantage Radar

**Prepar3D v5 or Prepar3D v5 + Hotfix 1**
Currently none of our products are “officially” compatible with Prepar3D v5+. However, since we are part of the beta team for Prepar3D, we have been actively testing and evaluating each product. Here is the current status of each:
***In Development:***
•    REX 5 – Sky Force
•    REX 5 – Weather Force (Add-on to Sky Force)
***In Process: ***
***Under Review:***
***Will not be made compatible for Prepar3D v5+***
•    WX Advantage Radar

We will keep you updated with the status of each product as we progress. Thank you for your patience during this time.

Okay

21 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

I would skip ASCA and stick to AS + Envtex and eventually EF, but last one value is questionable, so it is up to u.

Yes, ASCA is for texture only

So, thunderstorm, rainy weather or etc, What should I use?

In the latest PMDG 747 update, there is an option to select weather between ASN and Rex in the plane setup (although it does not switch at the moment) anyone know what that's about?

y4mW7KTMZTzRc_ATbAR5CCaUxgq4b99ezQs150ZL

Edited by Gadget FPV

Faisal Niazi

Whatever u will chose u will be disappointed how thunderstorms are presented in P3D, but if u focus on those kind of conditions then chose AS and REX EF.

REX EF can change shaders so maybe u will notice some change, but don't expect much.

Regarding weather engine - AS is better engine in all aspects.

Artur 

7 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Whatever u will chose u will be disappointed how thunderstorms are presented in P3D, but if u focus on those kind of conditions then chose AS and REX EF

I installed the freeware from OldProp "Make Thunderstorms Great Again", I am happy with the thunderstorms now...  I use REXSF3D and EF...

Edited by Gadget FPV

Faisal Niazi