Sign in to follow this  
jt233

Stealth Aircraft in P3D

So I've always wanted a good payware quality F-117 or B-2 bomber for P3D. I figure that it would probably be too hard to get the data for them since they are classified and that  may be part of the reason why it hasn't been done before, but I am curious if something like this could be released how popular do you think it would be? I don't know what the percentage of people are who only fly civilian aircraft and aren't interested in military stuff. 

Edited by jt233

Jason Thiers

It is just remotely possible that there already is an authentic F-117 for P3D. But not for you.

And if a PMDG quality model was released for either of these two, I would speculate that there might be some degree of interest from a certain client base. 

An F-117 would actually be somewhat feasible. The -1 and the -1-1 (OCIP Supplement) have already been declassified (leaked..) and are freely available on the web, along with a surprising amount of pilot's references and handbooks.

Really, the only thing still classified that would be really helpful to have is the -34-1 which spells out the weapons systems, delivery profiles, MPD pages, IRADS, etc etc. Everything else about the aircraft's overall systems and flight characteristics are already available, though an F-117 without accurately simulated weapons and delivery systems would be pretty pointless, to be honest.

A B-2 is simply not going to happen. The USAF only just recently released a video of the aircraft's cockpit in-flight, and really the only thing you could gather from the video is that it's pretty primitive for something so capable and expensive. 

I remember some good times in the CLS F-117 back in FSX... Such a unique experience and amazing looking aircraft. I went to the US back in 2013 and just remember being excited like a little kid when I spotted the F-117 in the USAF museum in Dayton (I did not know they had it before visiting).

Would love to see someone take it on again so we can at the very least get a high quality exterior and VC, and perhaps some semi realistic system/performance modeling with the declassified data available. I doubt the CLS version has stood the test of time, it already kind of looked dated back then. Imagine some high quality PBR textures on that angled exterior... *drools*.

Be aware though that if you use Little Nav Map or any other aircraft tracking software, you won’t be able to see the F 117 on it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pan pan pan said:

Be aware though that if you use Little Nav Map or any other aircraft tracking software, you won’t be able to see the F 117 on it.

But you will see it on your scope when it gets within 23 kilometres of your position, if you have a Russian-built P-15/8 UHF search radar. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Possibly see it sooner with an IRST (infra red search and track) sensor.. :biggrin:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

The -1 for the B-2 is surprisingly not classified. However it is indeed FOUO and those who have access to it are usually paranoid.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I purchased a stealth plane for P3D some time ago. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it since.....

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png