Sign in to follow this  
riivrtwo

18.0 and simconnect messages

Switched to 18.0 today (downloaded again 30 minutes ago for your update , but i'm getting these errors which seems make simconnect unstable and make Coautl scenery (FSDT etc) exit and disappear. (Getting this with V5 and V4.5)

Is there any way I am allowed to run my existing 17.x which was working fine up to now. Also 64-bit PSXT doesn't connect to P3D 4.5 anymore (correct?)

Connecting QNHReader to UDP port 49004 ...
QNHReader connected
Connecting TrafficReader to UDP port 49003 ...
TrafficReader connected
QNH=1012
FDX1404  N685FE   MEM ->LAX  A306 =r= TFS A306 (PW) FedEx (Express new)
FDX855   N142FE   LAX ->MEM  B763 =r= FAIB Boeing 767-300 GE FDX FedEx
FDX1404  N685FE   MEM ->LAX  A306 airborne not detected, no ON_GROUND msg received, change status to ACTIVE
FDX855   N142FE   LAX ->MEM  B763 airborne not detected, no ON_GROUND msg received, change status to ACTIVE
11:31:10 Simconnect Exception (?!) # 24,  sendID 98
11:31:10 Simconnect Exception (?!) # 24,  sendID 100
11:31:10 Simconnect Exception (?!) # 24,  sendID 101
11:31:10 Simconnect Exception (?!) # 24,  sendID 103
11:31:10 Simconnect Exception (?!) # 24,  sendID 104
11:31:10 Simconnect Exception (?!) # 24,  sendID 106
11:31:10 Simconnect Exception (?!) # 24,  sendID 108
11:31:10 Simconnect Exception (?!) # 24,  sendID 110
11:31:10 Simconnect Exception (?!) # 24,  sendID 111
11:31:10 Simconnect Exception (?!) # 24,  sendID 113
11:31:10 Simconnect Exception (?!) # 24,  sendID 114
11:31:10 Simconnect Exception (?!) # 24,  sendID 116

Thanks!

follow up question, should the Data Provider be sending data to PSXT as bytes or UTF-8 encoded ascii

Maybe I am sending malformed data.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, riivrtwo said:

Is there any way I am allowed to run my existing 17.x which was working fine up to now. Also 64-bit PSXT doesn't connect to P3D 4.5 anymore (correct?)

You can still run 17.6 no problem. The 64 bit PSXT 18.0 only connects to the latest P3D v5 version indeed.

These SimConnect errros should not be of harm to PSXT or other Simconnect clients.

4 hours ago, riivrtwo said:

follow up question, should the Data Provider be sending data to PSXT as bytes or UTF-8 encoded ascii

Pff? There is an UDP connection between the DP and PSXT, C++ text strings are being received, so bytes?

2 hours ago, kiek said:

You can still run 17.6 no problem. The 64 bit PSXT 18.0 only connects to the latest P3D v5 version indeed.

These SimConnect errros should not be of harm to PSXT or other Simconnect clients.

17.6 gave an "expired" error, forcing me (and others I guess), to upgrade to 18... 

Now only to find that 18 doesn't support P3Dv4?

I also started getting "No 1sec system event"

The only other simconnect addons I can think of is the latest ActiveSky and couatl.exe from FSDT scenery.

IMHO, P3D v5 isn't quite ready for prime time even thought HF2 fixed some stuff. v4.5 HF2 was pretty solid.

Thanks always appreciate the work you've done!

11 hours ago, cknipe said:

17.6 gave an "expired" error, forcing me (and others I guess), to upgrade to 18... 

Now only to find that 18 doesn't support P3Dv4?

I have set last version at my site back to 17.6, so you can now still use 17.6, it will not complain about 18.0

Edited by kiek

Thanks for that.

If it helps I have a sneaking suspicion that "No 1sec system event" error might be tied to a simconnect interaction with the new Active Sky. I've turned off weather and since then I haven't seen that error in a few hours. Will keep monitoring tomorrow.