Sign in to follow this  
james37611

Can all gates at airports be available?

Hello all,

Tried to google and search this, but came up with slightly different answers, I wasn't sure really what the exact search words should be, I doubt I am the only one with this question.

Is it possible to have all gates available at an airport when choosing a starting point? My Virtual Airline for example uses gate 50-55 at Manchester, however when I choose EGCC at the start, in the drop down box the only gates I can choose in that range is 53 or 55, there is no option to start at 51 or 52. Last time I had this on VATSIM a Ryanair was taking up 53, and 55 was taken up by a KLM, 50, 51 and 52 were available but I had to start at 48 as I couldn't choose 50, 51 or 52.

Equally on landing, if I get given, say, gate 52, that means I cannot choose this in the GSX menu so I have to park myself and then request deboarding for GSX to appear.

I use UK2000 scenery for Manchester, but the lack of available usable gates also appears in other UK2000 scenery as well, like with ATC on VATSIM I got gate 21 as it's one of the VA stands, but I couldn't choose that in the GSX menu as it's not a gate that can one can be 'spawned' at. 

Is there any sort of file editing or something that can make all gates available as spawning points?

Any help appreciated!

James.

You have to check with ADE if a) this gates are actually in the AFCAD and b) when yes for which Airline codes they are available.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I assume that you are using the "Airline Codes" option for the AFD file, James? The other option includes static aircraft, and so some of the gates are not available. I will check my own AFD file for Manchester tonight, and see what gates are available in that location.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My AFD file has Gates 50-58 all available, but the GEN file (the one that is used with static aircraft) only has Gates 53-55, and 57-58 available. Can you please check to see which option you have selected, James?

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Something else... it's far from ideal, but in a pinch you can always slew into a non-active gate position.  GSX won't work as it won't recognize you at a gate, but it will work in a pinch.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Ah that's better thank you!!

Just went to the Options in UK2000 EGCC and installed the AFD file and now have the appropriate gate's I need, thank you very much! 

I left it unticked as I wasn't sure what it was, I thought it may have been AI related or something. I have the statics unticked as flying on VATSIM I'd prefer the gates to be empty of statics

Just to clarify, James.....can you confirm that you did not have either of the AFD files installed? If so, that may be something that I need to check with Gary (UK2000).

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Just to clarify, James.....can you confirm that you did not have either of the AFD files installed? If so, that may be something that I need to check with Gary (UK2000).

Do you mean the Airline codes and/or the Statics?

When I installed it, I did not choose the Airline codes nor did I install the Airline/biz/GA statics, as I installed it not long ago for somewhere to go on the VATSIM network, so I purposely left out the Static AND the Airline code options 

The reason I ask is that Gary is probably assuming that all users would install either the "Airline Codes" option or the "Static" option. If neither of them are installed, then it could cause a problem.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png