Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

ORBX TE Oregon

is out, and I was wondering why there's no topic about. Now, here it is  ...

Can not say anything more, but I'm pretty sure it will arrive on my sim as soon as I'm back from work.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Probably nobody could install because of unfounded "not enough disk space" error. I have nearly 1TB free, how much more does it want?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

21 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Probably nobody could install because of unfounded "not enough disk space" error. I have nearly 1TB free, how much more does it want?

Well...that is exactly my point. Allthough I am still having space on my nvme ssd (2x1TB and one normal 1tb ssd). 

I can not imagine to spend a lot of "money on TE scenery" because I am really thinking that "Streaming" will become the nearby future. 

It is, at least for me, not my prefered way to install 60GB to 75GB PER region as I am mainly flying long haul, means you will see the region a couple of minutes and than........it´s gone anyway.

I would love the see a streaming service (optional?) to have the most accurate scenery, disk space saved and up real life looking. I

That is why I only have 2xTE  on my rig......

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I agree @mpo910.  In fact I see myself buying maybe 1 or 2 of these.  Southern Cal and FL when released. As somebody in V5 who has not used these products, how much do they slow performance down?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Just now, micstatic said:

I agree @mpo910.  In fact I see myself buying maybe 1 or 2 of these.  Southern Cal and FL when released. As somebody in V5 who has not used these products, how much do they slow performance down?

Performance is another thing to keep in mind. But even if the performance was good....really good, I won´t install these sizes.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

50 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Performance is pretty good depending on your sliders of course. There is more auto gen trees and buildings. Maybe a couple frames less than the same FTX area but you get a lot more Stuff on screen too.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

The area around Portland is full of stuttering.

Do not rush to buy.

1jkky3.jpg

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

5 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

The area around Portland is full of stuttering.

Do not rush to buy.

1jkky3.jpg

Do you lock your frame rate to anything?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

9 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Do you lock your frame rate to anything?

Only VSynk ON  +  TripleBuffering

You can see how the chart bounces off 60

Edited by BMW969

@BMW969I bet you would have far better results trying to lock at 30

2 minutes ago, micstatic said:

@BMW969I bet you would have far better results trying to lock at 30

But everything is smooth over London

I want others to check. There may be a problem on my side.

Edited by BMW969

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

It is, at least for me, not my prefered way to install 60GB to 75GB PER region as I am mainly flying long haul, means you will see the region a couple of minutes and than........it´s gone anyway.

TE NCA, OR and WA together would give you a pretty good long-haul flight.

I've got TE NCA and WA, but might skip OR and fill the gap with Ortho4P3D. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I would be curious to see a few night screenshots in a small town or semi-desolate area. 

To micstatic, there already is a socal photoreal version available, (note my footer) 😉.

Size to me doesn't seem too bad what with the way storage prices have dropped.  I can grab an 8TB unit for $150.00.   Plus, when think of photoreal streaming I have heard one may still need a TB or 2 to buffer with 2020 to get the full experience, not to mention streaming costs to keep on and even maybe a subscription$.  It will be interesting to see which way MS2020 goes. 

In the meantime, I luv photoreal but want to hear a few more simmer's reaction before I dive in.

Clutch

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

6 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

I would be curious to see a few night screenshots in a small town or semi-desolate area. 

To micstatic, there already is a socal photoreal version available, (note my footer) 😉.

Size to me doesn't seem too bad what with the way storage prices have dropped.  I can grab an 8TB unit for $150.00.   Plus, when think of photoreal streaming I have heard one may still need a TB or 2 to buffer with 2020 to get the full experience, not to mention streaming costs to keep on and even maybe a subscription$.  It will be interesting to see which way MS2020 goes. 

In the meantime, I luv photoreal but want to hear a few more simmer's reaction before I dive in.

Clutch

1zbjas.jpg29kjvl.jpg