Sign in to follow this  
mslim

FPL wpts locked with SkyVector

OK, lets be civil...

There are two ways to deal with Locked Waypoints that I know of

1. Highlight the locked waypoint in the flightplan and hit CLR to delete the waypoint.

2. Use the option mentioned above in LNM to avoid the locked waypoints in your flightplan.

There is no way to "unlock" waypoints that I know of.

Bert

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK, lets be civil...

There are two ways to deal with Locked Waypoints that I know of

1. Highlight the locked waypoint in the flightplan and hit CLR to delete the waypoint.

2. Use the option mentioned above in LNM to avoid the locked waypoints in your flightplan.

There is no way to "unlock" waypoints that I know of.

😂 Thank You!!!!

That is a clear and concise answer. I appreciate it.

I like to program in user waypoints for sightseeing and deleting them defeats the purpose.

I will continue to experiment with "Export User Generated Waypoints"

On 10/28/2020 at 9:21 PM, mslim said:

That is a clear and concise answer. I appreciate it.

First, I will not tolerate customers calling names other customers, this is the 1st and last warning.

Now that civil and polite tone is restored, I've just typed the following in my search engine:
https://www.qwant.com/?q=garmin "locked waypoints"&t=web

The 2nd link is a video explaining it all (albeit on the G1000). This video note is:

"This video advises how to clear the issue causing the FPL WPT LOCK and LOCKED FPL messages."

The 3rd link is a discussion from 2018 in the RXP forum:

The 7th link is a discussion in a UK's pilot forum using the real devices:

https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24074

Now you've search the RXP User's Manual and this is always a good starting point. However this is the User's Manual for the add-on per its integration and usage in the simulator.

The message you're asking help for is a Garmin message. Therefore, you might want to also read and learn the entire feature set of the GNS as it is described in the Garmin Pilot's Guide manual which gets installed with the trainer (in which there is a chapter about FPL WPT LOCKED indeed).

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 10/28/2020 at 8:28 PM, mslim said:

Oh and BTW, FPpilot who is a very smart and experienced guy, takes the opportunity to virtually slap my hands with his condescending tone of "Did you read this topic before posting?  There is a lot of information in the messages above about how and why waypoints get locked.  It gets tedious to type the same information over and over again." [edited] I did not ask "how and why" waypoints get locked. I just want to unlock them so I can use the flightplan I created in LMN with this darn gadget.

That is not at all where I was coming from. Here is what I was pointing out.  All of these are previous topics.  Yes, spread across 4 or 5 pages of topics.  I was able to find all three of these in less than two minutes.  Users who look through the topics typically find answers in a fraction of the time vs posting a duplicate question.  We like to fly too.  Taking time to respond to issues already explored detracts from that time.

This a wonderful place to get help, both official support and user-to-user help.  Avsim has been around a long time, as has RXP and its product specific support forums here.  Most questions/issues have already come up and been answered or supported.  That is all I was pointing out.

Also please recognize the issue you are dealing with is due to the rules that Garmin has programmed into it's products.  RXP products are based on the actual Garmin trainers, and the rules, as frustrating as they may be at times, are there from Garmin to protect Garmin, and not from RXP.

image.png.ed9b81e70a61434b2d9188e62b7c0c10.png

image.png.5c064051aee2cab9e0198cea8aabb755.png

image.png.f23c95b9f928ebb2383ca11bcaebcb9b.png

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere