Sign in to follow this  
mobiel

Active Sky and V5

Hello guys,

I'm using Active Sky and its latetest build 7479 and P3DV5.

But in every rainy conditions there are no precipitation. Just a few clouds but no rain. I tried it with and without EA.

And it is not really overcast altough the weather conditions says OVC015 for example

Go into user /app data /roaming/hifi/ weather folder and delete the lastweatherdownload.wx file ,I believe.

and restart activesky which will create a new file.

mike

There must be something going on with your set up.

I just flew from Stewart (CZST) in W Canada to Juneau. I have Rex Sky Force and Environment pro working with non EA, plus ASP3D. With both EA and non EA It accurately depicted 100% overcast, mist and rain all the way to the coast until it cleared up as per the METAR,  over the coast near Juneau.

i was playing a bit with various settings so I can vouch that it works well enough. (within its limitations) in v5,

ray

Can u Show your Settings.

and how do you get REX working for V5

7479 is still in Beta

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

You've probably already checked, but is your Wx Control page showing, "Live Weather Mode is Active"?

Just a thought. 

-Bob

14 hours ago, BBCM said:

You've probably already checked, but is your Wx Control page showing, "Live Weather Mode is Active"?

Just a thought. 

-Bob

Yes of course, it does

21 hours ago, rayharris108 said:

There must be something going on with your set up.

I just flew from Stewart (CZST) in W Canada to Juneau. I have Rex Sky Force and Environment pro working with non EA, plus ASP3D. With both EA and non EA It accurately depicted 100% overcast, mist and rain all the way to the coast until it cleared up as per the METAR,  over the coast near Juneau.

i was playing a bit with various settings so I can vouch that it works well enough. (within its limitations) in v5,

ray

Do your clouds not flicker?  With old weather engine, clouds constantly flicker

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider