Sign in to follow this  
kaha

Lakes in MSFS

How are lakes handled? Can I land on any lake with a float plane? Or is this only possible on lakes the AI recognizes? Or only on those that are treated by hand (Asobo or 3rd party)?

Karl

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

It hasn’t been said, so no one knows.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Lakes should be handled the same way they have been in FSX/P3D.  Given the way the scenery is generated, the lakes should be more accurate than they were in the previous sims.  I don't have any direct experience specifically with lakes in MSFS, but I do remember FSX/P3D lakes didn't always match the charts; typically smaller ones would be missing.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Karl raises an excellent question. The terrain engine is very different than it is right now, in design and how it is generated. I cannot but observe that, if I am not mistaken, we have not seen any water ops yet.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

No answer shows the integrity of alpjha testers. That's ok for me.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

7 hours ago, kaha said:

No answer shows the integrity of alpjha testers. That's ok for me.

Karl

Probably float plane aren't present in current Alpha yet. There is more aplha build exist, but only one build is avaiable for alpha testers from public and other builds are only for internal testing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

Probably float plane aren't present in current Alpha yet. There is more aplha build exist, but only one build is avaiable for alpha testers from public and other builds are only for internal testing.

That seems indeed a more realistic explanation 😈

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I'm hoping the Icon A5 will be available on alpha 5 release.  I have very high hopes for alpha 5 because how close it is to beta.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, david_wi said:

Have the same question today  how to place a Float plane in a lake

Either land there or start of at a water airport. There are lots around Florida 

Edited by devgrp
  • Like 1

Holy thread revival Batman! 12 months.

You land in a lake just like you would in reality, find one big enough whilst you're in the right plane and set down on it. Job done.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Slew the plane there (hit Y), or alternatively use the teleport feature in the FSPM VFR map (in the toolbar) to move it there.