Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Flightaware generated traffic??

FlightAware is proud to announce a new partnership with Microsoft Flight Simulator. Now, our Firehose data stream is going to power the real-time, global traffic in Microsoft Flight Simulator. Unlike anything ever before seen gamers will be interacting seamlessly with planes near them in real life and in real-time. As a company founded by pilots, FlightAware leadership is especially happy to introduce a new generation to the beautiful industry of aviation. Learn more here: https://hubs.ly/H0s6Tfp0

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Now I know why 2020 is such a terrible year. It's because MFS2020 is taking all of its good news for itself. 🤣

Congrats to FlightAware and Asobo. Can't wait to see this in action!

• Like 4

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

but they didn't explain yet how they gonna handle by atc  when the plane reaches close to destination airport  cause in fsx  when there was a lot of  ai planes lading  was  terrible cause most have to go around

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miguel88 said:

but they didn't explain yet how they gonna handle by atc  when the plane reaches close to destination airport  cause in fsx  when there was a lot of  ai planes lading  was  terrible cause most have to go around

I remember from the IFR feature discovery the ATC was giving speed commands to the user aircraft.  If they are given to AI to in the "terminal area", then perhaps approach spacing will be much better managed than we've seen before.  Also if AI is flying SID/STARS, that will also help organise the arrival pattern.

What they are doing with AI looks excellent, one thing I hope they'll show at some point is what these AI aircraft look like close up and preferbly as a landing and takeoff "movie".  The questions I have are:

What's the range of AI models available in the sim, what's the visual quality of the models (and there may be compromises in AI models for good performance reasons)?

What compromises are made in the flight model compared to the user's experience,

How are airline paint schemes handled? 

The latter may all boil down to a template paint, like we see on the user airbus and 747.  If so, perhaps an opportunity for third parties?  Any of this info already published? Would be glad to be pointed to it.

Simon

Edited by flying_w

Good question, how the sim ATC directing the sim traffic will interact with the Flightaware generated RW traffic ?

And what about the General Aviation traffic ? I had a look at Flightaware, the number of GA aircraft is minuscule. Will FS20 generate its own GA artificial traffic to compensate ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

What I want to know is how it handles aircraft type and livery. They say I can take over AI aircraft; what if that aircraft is a B1900D or a 777? Emirates air or Qantas?

Will that AI traffic just be the A320 Neo?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

36 minutes ago, WestAir said:

What I want to know is how it handles aircraft type and livery. They say I can take over AI aircraft; what if that aircraft is a B1900D or a 777? Emirates air or Qantas?

Will that AI traffic just be the A320 Neo?

FlightAware provides the aircraft type and reg. Based on this a similar model is chosen by MSFS. We still need the community to add more variations in models and real life airline textures. One thing that may be hard is to determine whether a plane (B738) is a regular 737-800 or one with BW or SSW.

I wonder if we get to see those planes when we'd fly next to them ... what plane will be shown if you get  a 737 in sight?

EDIT: lol, I see I was not the only one wondering ... duplicated the Q.

Edited by RudyB24

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

And what about the General Aviation traffic ? I had a look at Flightaware, the number of GA aircraft is minuscule. Will FS20 generate its own GA artificial traffic to compensate ?

Are you sure? I always used Flightradar24 and it showed all the traffic, even the recreational gliders.

I'm curious how they are going to handle the traffic with ATC.

I suppose when a plane in RL is on final the AI takes over. But what if the RL plane goes around, will it do this in the sim also?

Also, in the very busy airports, it would be almost impossible to find a spot to takeoff/land. Solution could be to only show 90% of the RL traffic in the sim, so there are holes in the constant flow of aircraft. Just thinking out loud.... so many questions....

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Just now, MaVe64 said:

Are you sure?  ..

I am sure of nothing; I just went to the FA map on their page and saw very little GA in the EU and NA. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

13 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

Are you sure? I always used Flightradar24 and it showed all the traffic, even the recreational gliders.

I suppose when a plane in RL is on final the AI takes over. But what if the RL plane goes around, will it do this in the sim also?

Also, in the very busy airports, it would be almost impossible to find a spot to takeoff/land. Solution could be to only show 90% of the RL traffic in the sim, so there are holes in the constant flow of aircraft. Just thinking out loud.... so many questions....

That is exactly what happens. You can set the ai traffic, ground and air. Airports like lax are jfk usually has a lot of traffic and too much will be hard on performance 

5 hours ago, RudyB24 said:

... what plane will be shown if you get  a 737 in sight?

I think that's why there's a Tab called Marketplace.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I do not dream. AI will go crazy when it has 10,000 children playing "flying" on its back with a B747 in short final ...

8 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

5 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

5 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I am sure of nothing; I just went to the FA map on their page and saw very little GA in the EU and NA. 

Flightaware uses the standard ADS-B transponder to track aircraft.  ADS-B data is lacking in many parts of the world (there's another thread here related to that) and particularly over the oceans where only satellite ADS-B is possible.  Many GA and military aircraft do not have ADS-B transponders, or choose to turn them off as they are not required.  Hence, there are many aircraft actually flying but missing from the data.

Edit: Interesting read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_dependent_surveillance_–_broadcast

Edited by Gridley
Link
  • Like 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)