Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

DFW for P3Dv5

The FSDT stalwart has been updated and works with v5.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

Yup I still use the FSDT DFW and works pretty well in/installs as normal into v5.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

For clarity, the installer is updated. The scenery is still as originally designed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

I have FSDT KDFW and I think it is still very good. I’m not sure if there has been any major work done at the real airport since the scenery was released so I think it is still pretty up to date.  It is also on sale for $15 at PCAviator right now.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I also recommend adding the inibuilds free dynamic lighting patch if you get it.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Works fine, it is an old scenery and as such, the runway textures especially are very low-res. Use the inibuilds dynamic lighting mod, as mentioned above. 

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

Are these dynamic light mods compatible with P3D v5? I have tried installing this via the add-on.xml method. The main library is installed this way. But what if I have multiple airports? Do I have to create a separate folder inside my P3D addons folder for each one so that the files inside the 'Effects' folder don't overwrite one another?

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

9 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

I have FSDT KDFW and I think it is still very good. I’m not sure if there has been any major work done at the real airport since the scenery was released so I think it is still pretty up to date.  It is also on sale for $15 at PCAviator right now.

Cheers, Pete

Thanks for pointing this out Pete, just purchased

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, captain420 said:

Are these dynamic light mods compatible with P3D v5? I have tried installing this via the add-on.xml method. The main library is installed this way. But what if I have multiple airports? Do I have to create a separate folder inside my P3D addons folder for each one so that the files inside the 'Effects' folder don't overwrite one another?

Yes they are compatible. The effects from the inibuilds library go in your P3d/effects folder. The bgl from the specific dfw dl file goes in the dfw scenery folder. As long as you follow the instructions they work just fine. Just note that every time you run couatl update your dl will be wiped out and restored to default. So with FSDreamTeam airports and inibuilds dl patch you have two choices to prevent this. 1. Reinstall patch every time after you run couatl update. 2 put a dontupdate dummy file in each scenery to block this. Read about number two on FSDreamTeam forum. I do number 2. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

The inibuilds dynamic lights mod for FSDT DFW looks great. The problem is that all legacy FSDT airports (which is all but KORD and Basel) have really strong normal maps and really flat diffuse aps for runway/tarmac textures. When dynamic lights on aircraft shine (e.g. landing lights) on them at low angles, they look positively horrible even at higher SSAA settings (which of course are affected more performance-wise by dynamic lights!). If you modify the normal map, the runways and tarmac lose their texture because the diffuse maps are so flat. They claim it's a feature not a bug, but in the year 2020 with so many aircraft using dynamic lights, it's a bug. They know it too because ORD and BSL don't have this problem.  I generally just don't fly into FSDT airports at night anymore. Also see micstatic's post above about the FSDT Live Update wiping out scenery mods. 

19 minutes ago, shipdriver said:

Also see micstatic's post above about the FSDT Live Update wiping out scenery mods.

I really hate this and wish they didn't do this by default without having to create a hack to prevent it from happening.

19 minutes ago, shipdriver said:

They claim it's a feature not a bug, but in the year 2020 with so many aircraft using dynamic lights, it's a bug. They know it too because ORD and BSL don't have this problem.

I agree and hope that they will update the rest of their airports to make it truly v5 compatible.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

On 7/4/2020 at 10:41 AM, mrlip said:

Thanks for pointing this out Pete, just purchased

Just an update on this, anyone had trouble with PCAviator over the weekend? I purchased FSDT Dallas but haven't received any emails from them containing activation serials etc. It isn't on my order history either, although it may have checked out as a guest. Still, should have received emails.... I've sent them a message on Saturday using their web form but had nothing back....

So for those of us who own FB's KSFO, should we disable the the dynamic lighting options in FB's manager before using inibuild's version? What about other airports that already have dynamic lighting? Do we need to disable those as well? Not sure if all airports include an easy way to enable/disable dynamic lights.

The inibuilds gives you instructions included. 

• Like 1