Sign in to follow this  
pilatuz

PMDG NGXu released for v5

39 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I think that’s a core p3d issue, i noticed the same thing with a Maddog repaint I had done recently on some of the flap surfaces.  Hopefully will be fixed in 5.1

It's a bit confusing though because even in V5, you can find NGXu repaints that don't have this issue (iniBuild's UAL 737-700 pack comes to mind). Maybe it has something to do with whether a paint uses matte metal or a polished surface.

How LM screwed it up is beyond me. In my opinion. P3d's version of pbr is the worst I have seen in any price of software. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

On 7/10/2020 at 5:43 PM, Nyxx said:

Agree am not going back to v4.5, v5 and EA with the performance is the way to go.

Not installed the 747 yet.

Hi, 

I don't know if this are old news for you, but I found that reinstalling setup p3dv5 for repair I recreated the shaders folder and got our lovely ngxu metals as it should be. I keept away of envshade for now. I founded that this issue was related to other aircrafts and I read some post related in avsim about repairing p3dv5 installation. 

Hope that helps

pd. As I had p3d addons folder as a simbolyc link I lost all of my addons.xml till I make a new symbolic link an put it on documents folder.

cheers

Richard

Edited by Gumerson

Hi Richard,

Is this a work around? I only ever have had v5 after HF2 and not added any shader program at all.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I also put the envshade aside. Couldn't make any improvements. 

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

2 hours ago, BMW969 said:

I also put the envshade aside. Couldn't make any improvements. 

same.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Guys guys....just read the announcements made on PMDG forums. The blue reflection thingie is well known by PMDG and LM. It's related to a wrong material or something. LM said it will be fixed for 5.1 so PMDG had the choice to hold back the aircraft or release it with the graphical issue.

I prefer the second choice...

• Upvote 2

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Yes PMDG said it would not be right and switchers also have blue lines in the VC. Its in my hanger to its fixed, MadDog and FSL have no PBR troubles shame PMDG could not work it out but need a fix.

Not that its needs to be in my hanger, but its also summer here so sim flying is limited so I will focus on BAV with the small amount of time I give flight sim'ing in these summer months. 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1. You’d have to be brave to try a shader mod with the brand new beta EA setting. Basically, don’t do this.

2. The “blue shadow” thing may be real, but it’s subtle enough that i’ve never noticed it in my sim. No need to catastrophise about this and give up on the NGXu. It’s still a great plane, one of the best in the sim.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

49 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Yes PMDG said it would not be right and switchers also have blue lines in the VC. Its in my hanger to its fixed, MadDog and FSL have no PBR troubles shame PMDG could not work it out but need a fix.

Well that didn’t last long. I have no idea why you would spend (many) hundreds of dollars on addon aircraft, only to proudly leave them abandoned in the hangar (as per your sig). Well, it’s your money I guess.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."