Sign in to follow this  
Benzhangar

Guy parasailing with a sofa

well it looks relaxing, but i would not start without a harness even on the couch , i speak as a paraglider myself here, it's pretty reckless to play with your life like this. I could live without a additional parachute, tho, weather is ok.

1 hour ago, Nedo68 said:

well it looks relaxing, but i would not start without a harness even on the couch , i speak as a paraglider myself here, it's pretty reckless to play with your life like this. I could live without a additional parachute, tho, weather is ok.

The biggest risk to a parasailer when they do come down is a broken lower back and it happens often, if he came down hard on that he may actually have better protection from that couch. My wife is a parasailer and a very good one, she was 4 minutes shy of the world record for time in the air, a risk taker, kind of sucked she didn't get it.

For this it was well thought out like any other stunt, also a one off. Remember the Man On The Wire that walked between the World Trade Center? You expressed your views and you will never be a Philippe Petit clearly

philippe-petit-world-trade-center-tight-

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

Now that's what you'd call an armchair pilot.

• Like 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Rather ingenious, but the lack of a harness is disturbing.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Depending upon the transition altitude, a whole new Flight level 😉

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

6 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

For this it was well thought out like any other stunt, also a one off. Remember the Man On The Wire that walked between the World Trade Center? You expressed your views and you will never be a Philippe Petit clearly

This is not my way Matthew, i stay with paragliding.

3 hours ago, Nedo68 said:

This is not my way Matthew, i stay with paragliding.

As long as these stunts are well planned they are fine, you can even jump out of an airplane at 25,000 feet without a parachute. but this was years of planning as well

• Upvote 1

Matthew Kane

Молодец, всегда так делай

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Which amazing feat is crazier? Jumping out of a plane with no chute, or a sightless person making it up to to the peak of Mt. Everest?

14 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

As long as these stunts are well planned they are fine, you can even jump out of an airplane at 25,000 feet without a parachute. but this was years of planning as well

True, but I'm still not jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

7 hours ago, stans said:

True, but I'm still not jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft!

Yep I would never jump out of them either, I'd rather fly them

I have a friend that took up sky diving and had never been in an airplane, he would brag he has taken off in an airplane about 30 times now and never landed in one 😄

• Like 1

Matthew Kane