Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Ctrl-Ezy Pucara VC view - my take on it..

It may not be the absolute do or die deal breaker for a simmer who doesn't use track IR or some such and only uses a single monitor. I pan around with the hat switch and for the majority of my flights I'm not looking over my virtual shoulder (bad airman, naughty airman!). I'll cheat and go to an external view sometimes to get a visual on an airfield, but I do that regardless of plane :biggrin: (plus I like the eye candy)

Anyhow - here's the view - front, right and left of the VC at a zoom level which works for me about 0.6 for the Pucara which is a head-out-of the-window aeroplane most of the time.. Any further left or right, and down a bit and the lack of structure can be seen.

3rPMq73.jpg

9gIkaO3.jpg

petiL79.jpg

KocHVCx.jpg

Just thought I'd throw myself to the wolves.. I mean put this out there for discussion and info. :laugh:

• Like 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks for posting this, I've been confused by hearing that there is only a front view VC, but looks like I misunderstood to an extent?  My concern was that if I panned to the side the VC would simply stop and I'd see nothing, is that the case (it doesn't look like it by your screenshots).

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hi Dave,

Yes the modelling ceases, but at least you can almost pan 90 degrees left and right. However, the rail extends further than the cockpit floor... In addition to the VC where you can pan the view, there are two fixed front views - starting cockpit view and flying cockpit view. The flying cockpit view just moves the viewpoint upwards so you can see above the top of the windscreen..

To be fair to AH - they do show the extent of the modelling in their product video, but I  initially thought that I wouldn't be able to pan the view at all..

Pv5Bdaa.jpg

p2n60Ck.jpg

0c0Njvh.jpg

SNrDAxZ.jpg

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)