Sign in to follow this  
KL Oo

Software the simulates cabin announcements and interaction

Hi All,

Since I started learning and playing with the FSLabs A320 I've come to realise how much I love being able to hear the cabin crew announcements (specific to each airlines) and it's inbuilt interactions with GSX. Whilst I realise that GSX interaction is probably unlikely to ever happen, I started looking at options for software that might bring the cabins of my PMDG birds to life in the same manner here on V5.

I've done a search but it didn't turn up much, not relevant to the last couple of years (and certainly not V5). I am familiar with FSCaptain but does anybody know of any other packages or ways of getting cabin announcements into PMDG aircraft? Ideally you want them to be triggered automatically by aircraft states or events.  Google found this - https://www.justflight.com/product/airline-crew-2019-p3d-v4  but I've never heard of it. Any reviews or other suggestions?

Cheers,

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Flying for a VA that uses Smartcars might be your best bet. There are some great airline packs out there. Aside from that, I'm not sure. I wish PMDG would take note of what FSLabs is doing and try to implement their own system. It greatly adds to immersion even if it is not realistic that we'd hear such announcements in the flightdeck.

13 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Flying for a VA that uses Smartcars might be your best bet. There are some great airline packs out there. Aside from that, I'm not sure. I wish PMDG would take note of what FSLabs is doing and try to implement their own system. It greatly adds to immersion even if it is not realistic that we'd hear such announcements in the flightdeck.

Thanks BigT - I've never flown for a VA but have been thinking about getting more involved to, again, improve the realism. I'll have a look at Smartcars and see what it's all about. Is it software that manages/monitors the flight for the VA?

Whilst on VA's - I often by BA but was put off by BAVirtuals requirements to undergo tests/exams. Anybody recommend another BA VA or perhaps a UA variant thats not too onerous?

Cheers

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Search for Self Loading Cargo. Payware and definitely worth it. It does what you are asking for and a lot more such as passenger satisfaction simulation, flight reports, emergencies, divertions, etc.

A lot of soundpacks for airlines are already available for it 🙂 soundpacks are even user customizable and shareable.

• Upvote 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Self-loading cargo and PacX are 2 options, there are others.

These days, I use Voice Attack and program the announcements myself.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Simsounds is also a good option. I use it on all my flights. Comes with German and English packs. Bought the French one too. Easy to set up and plays announcements automatically. 

• Like 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Wow - I had no idea there were so many options out there! Thanks all!

@cwburnett & @snapshot21 - Both PACX and SLC look pretty good. Are you able to tell me how much interaction they require from you to function? Whilst it might sound odd, I don't particularly want to have to interact or control the program all that much (this is one of the things thats moved me away from FSCaptain). The idea of managing where pax are sitting is unnecessary to me - is that something that can be turned off in in SLC?  

Ideally I'm looking for something 'low maintenance' (kind of like the FSLabs A320) that just responds and plays voice when particular actions in the sim are met (i.e, pushback, seatbelt signs, climb, cruise, descent and approach).

I'm being picky I know 🙂

I'll head off and see if I can find some YouTube videos of both products.

Cheers,

Kael Oswald

1 hour ago, KL Oo said:

Wow - I had no idea there were so many options out there! Thanks all!

@cwburnett & @snapshot21 - Both PACX and SLC look pretty good. Are you able to tell me how much interaction they require from you to function? Whilst it might sound odd, I don't particularly want to have to interact or control the program all that much (this is one of the things thats moved me away from FSCaptain). The idea of managing where pax are sitting is unnecessary to me - is that something that can be turned off in in SLC?  

Ideally I'm looking for something 'low maintenance' (kind of like the FSLabs A320) that just responds and plays voice when particular actions in the sim are met (i.e, pushback, seatbelt signs, climb, cruise, descent and approach).

I'm being picky I know 🙂

I'll head off and see if I can find some YouTube videos of both products.

Cheers,

With SLC, it can detect what phase of flight you are at and will play the announcements accordingly. Just at the start, you have to input your flight details (Flight number, airline, departure time, expected arrival time, etc). But after that, you just start the flight, open the doors and it will initialize automatically.

You can set the level of automation in the settings, you can even set it to automatically handle your fasten seatbelt sign setting. You can set it that the cabin crew themselves decide when to serve meals and drinks. Or you can make it all manual and you decide through the interface, which is simple and intuitive.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Thanks mate,

I note that SLC (according to the website and some youtube videos) takes its 'cues' for actions from FSUIPC. I.e, when the landing lights are put it initiates pre take off announcements. Does this work with complex airlines (PMDG stuff) that often don't use the default P3D signals/variables  for such things?

Don't suppose its boarding aligns or interacts with GSX? Read generic flight plans automatically or do you need to manually enter it?

Looks promising!

Cheers,

Kael Oswald