Sign in to follow this  
Jrgorton

GTN 750 and Traffic Global

Hello,

You will have to forgive me stumbling through some of the technical terminology as I'm not hugely confident that I know what I'm talking about but....

Just Flight make a traffic add on called Traffic Global which has just been updated to use the AI aircraft inject under Vulkan to display up to 63 aircraft without using the old AI aircraft method of injecting traffic into the sim. This enables aircraft with TCAS to "see" these ai aircraft and display them on TCAS systems. Unfortunately, when you set the GTN 750 to display these ai contacts, it causes X plane to crash. I raised a ticket with Just Flight and they maintain that it would be up to RXP to change the way it processes ai aircraft in order for them to be displayed when using Traffic Global. I really am out of my depth now so I append the answer to the support ticket below in the hope that it will make some sense to you and a cheeky request that you might be able to incorporate any change in a future build of the GTN 750 software?....

………………………………………….
Thank you for your email.
I have now heard back from the developer.
X-Plane 11.50b7 and higher significantly changed the TCAS system and as a result several plugins that aren't doing full checks on the data are being caught out.
Unfortunately, this is entirely down to the GTN and not with traffic global.
Kind regards
Craig
……………………………………………...
Sorry that I'm probably not being specific enough but as I said, I'm kinda stumbling through this with hope and bullsh@t.

Thanks

Julian

Same problem when using Worldtraffic, if TCAS enabled and RXP GTN is active, X-plane crashes.

Log file blames RXP GTN

Hi,

Yes this is a known issue and we'll be addressed when XP11.50 is no longer a beta version:

NB: the new TCAS datarefs and SDK are supposed to be backward compatible though. Can you try with and without enabling the GTN setting "Use Simulator AI Traffic count" ?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

@pegeka thank you for the feedback! When off, it uses all of the MP datarefs and do some heuristics. when On, it uses only the number reported from XP11 and I suspect there is a bug there during the transition/beta.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)