Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

RFscenerybuilding scenery question

I just bought my first RFscenerybuilding for P3D v5 from Simmarket (Oklahoma and Turin) and when I went to download the scenery my virus protection blocked the download and saying it may harm my computer. Does anyone else have this when downloading RFscenerybuilding scenery? Is this one of those false positive things? Should I tell Simmarket about it?

I also get a message from Microsoft Defender saying that the app is not signed by it's publisher.

I've bought quite a few of RFS airports from Simmarket, including Turin and not had any problems with a virus on any of them. Sometimes I get the message that the installer has not been used by many users and only install it if I am sure about it but that's usually with new products.

I have recently downloaded the updates for Turin which have all been OK.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

same here OKC was purchased, the new and the old from Simmarket. no problems, using Webroot.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Does okc work in v5?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

They have new version available at Simmarket. I purchase last year and recieved notice of v5 version. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Is it a good scenery?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Thanks guys. I will install the scenery later tonight.

51 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Is it a good scenery?

I happen to live near, it's not bad at all. I was excited to find it. 1000 times better than default, pretty accurate.

• Upvote 1

Anyone had a look at their new v5 sceneries?

They have released fixes for existing airports to work in v5 but now there seems to be new v5 only versions. Previous version owners pay an upgrade price.

Do I need to upgrade? Is there any improvement over the v4 version and the existing fix?

Support forum appears dead or at least abandoned, facebook page not very helpful.

I've gotten two of their new V5 sceneries, Venice and Turin. Both look very good and work really well. I much prefer getting a V5 specific scenery. It's better in the end I think.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Being a user of the version for v4.xx, I paid 5 USD for v5. Original v4 scenery had 4  or 5 patches. the v5 offering had small patch within a week.