Sign in to follow this  
tch330ci

Why even bother with Carenado anymore

I was thinking that with Carenado's sale going on now it would be a good time to get one of their planes that I don't own yet.  I've been keeping my eye on that Synthetic Vision for quite a while now, so I pulled the trigger and got the Phenom 300, Navigraph addon, and SVS addon.  Pretty disappointed so far, neither the SVS OR the Navigraph works. I have zero nav data in the MFD, which makes it basically unflyable.  

I've googled all over the place and I've spent several hours now trying workarounds, only to no avail.

Might just have to contact Carenado and get a refund, so sad.

If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks, Carl

P3d V5

Edited by tch330ci

Carl Thompson

Carl,

I just bought the Phenom 100 for XPlane during this sale. The aircraft would not request validation when loaded and none of the click spots worked.

I got in touch with Carenado support and had the problem fixed in a jiffy. 

Given the lack of Carenado support mooted on most of these forums, I have to tell you that on the two occasions I have a problem (both with Phenom ... one in P3D and the newest one yesterday)  I have nothing but praise for their support system. 

I truly think that a lot of people have high expectations on both the complexity and performance of the Carenado aircraft which may inevitably lead to disappointment.

In you case, I would simply drop them an email and I am sure you will get satisfaction if my record is any example. In addition, I have always found that if you approach any developer nicely and not start off with a rant, most of them will bend over backwards to help you out.

So, and just for the record, in my opinion, there is no cause for reservation when dealing with Carenado ... they have treated me brilliantly.

Let us know how you get on

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I have opened a support ticket with them.  Normally I would say I've appreciated the fact that most Carenado airplanes are turn key ready to go.  Typically you know what you're going to get when you purchase an aircraft from them.  Going through my list of Carenado keys, this is my 20th aircraft purchased from them. It's just frustrating when neither one of the add-ons I purchased to use with the Phenom work.  Since there is ZERO navigational data, I literally can't even fly the aircraft, It's not exactly a VFR style aircraft.

I'll keep this post updated when they respond, thanks for your input.

-Carl

Carl Thompson

1 hour ago, tch330ci said:

I was thinking that with Carenado's sale going on now it would be a good time to get one of their planes that I don't own yet.  I've been keeping my eye on that Synthetic Vision for quite a while now, so I pulled the trigger and got the Phenom 300, Navigraph addon, and SVS addon.  Pretty disappointed so far, neither the SVS OR the Navigraph works. I have zero nav data in the MFD, which makes it basically unflyable.  

I've googled all over the place and I've spent several hours now trying workarounds, only to no avail.

Might just have to contact Carenado and get a refund, so sad.

If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks, Carl

P3d V5

Did you download and install the fix for P3DV5 as Rob said. I was typing when he responded. Here is the link: https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046625614-Installing-Carenado-aircraft-in-P3Dv5.  I keep it on my desktop and run after every Carenado and Alabeo aircraft install.  I do not have the Phenom 300 and do not use SVS, but I do have the Carenado DA 62 and the 172SP and I did have an issue with the navigation data and somehow my Carenavigraph.dll file got deleted and found it some where on Carenado's site and it solved my problem.  I would make an backup of the carenavigraph.dll and carenavigraphx64.dll files just in case. They are located in the P3DV5 main directory.

John Cottreau

Edited by johncott

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.