Sign in to follow this  
hsvgrange

FPS based AI Traffic Limiter

Hi everybody, 

I'm running p3d v4.5 and I currently use AIG's AI Traffic Addon. As we all know, at busy airports, AI Traffic hogs up the system and drops FPS to its knees. I'm looking for an AI Traffic limiter which will limit the number of AI Traffic based on the set FPS in the program. For example, if I set "30 FPS", so the moment my sim goes below 30 FPS, it will start removing AI Traffic until the point it is again back to or above 30 FPS. 

PS -

1) I have FSUIPC 5 registered version and am aware of its Traffic Limiter option - 

2) I also have AIG's AI Companion which performs a similar fuction as FSUIPC's Traffic Limiter option

3) I had Ultimate Traffic Live but wasn't happy with it. ( It had a setting of injecting traffic only if FPS is above a set amount in the settings)

But both 1 and 2 are NOT removing AI Traffic based on FPS. I mean it's based on an upper limit eg. max number of ai traffic I want in the sim.

If anyone is aware of any such program which culls trafffic just based on a particular FPS setting, I kindly request if you could pls let me know. Thanks 🙂

Aditya

Edited by hsvgrange

9 minutes ago, hsvgrange said:

If anyone is aware of any such program which culls trafffic just based on a particular FPS setting

There's a good reason why the target is based on the total number of AI aircraft in the user's reality bubble. FPS is such a moving target that some time-based averaging would have to occur to keep the traffic limiter from lopping off way too many aircraft. If you want to maintain a frame rate you would be better off with either using the NVidia Control Panel frame rate limiter or the FFTF Dynamic utility and use one of the two AI aircraft limiters to fine tune your setup. When I used to use Ultimate Traffic, I was never quite sure what its frame-rate limiter was even doing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

There's a good reason why the target is based on the total number of AI aircraft in the user's reality bubble. FPS is such a moving target that some time-based averaging would have to occur to keep the traffic limiter from lopping off way too many aircraft. If you want to maintain a frame rate you would be better off with either using the NVidia Control Panel frame rate limiter or the FFTF Dynamic utility and use one of the two AI aircraft limiters to fine tune your setup. When I used to use Ultimate Traffic, I was never quite sure what its frame-rate limiter was even doing.

Hi, ya that's true, the fluctuations in fps can end up culling too many aircrafts... I guess I have to experiment.. I'm currently sticking to AI Companion and will experiment further with its settings. Thanks for your response 🙂

2 hours ago, hsvgrange said:

Hi everybody, 

I'm running p3d v4.5 and I currently use AIG's AI Traffic Addon. As we all know, at busy airports, AI Traffic hogs up the system and drops FPS to its knees. I'm looking for an AI Traffic limiter which will limit the number of AI Traffic based on the set FPS in the program. For example, if I set "30 FPS", so the moment my sim goes below 30 FPS, it will start removing AI Traffic until the point it is again back to or above 30 FPS. 

PS -

1) I have FSUIPC 5 registered version and am aware of its Traffic Limiter option - 

2) I also have AIG's AI Companion which performs a similar fuction as FSUIPC's Traffic Limiter option

But both 1 and 2 are NOT removing AI Traffic based on FPS. I mean it's based on an upper limit eg. max number of ai traffic I want in the sim.

If anyone is aware of any such program which culls trafffic just based on a particular FPS setting, I kindly request if you could pls let me know. Thanks 🙂

Aditya

Using the limiter in FSUIPC works for me. I have the minimum number of Ai set to 70. What is yours and what airport are you using for the test?

At EGLL there are over 100 Ai loaded initially with the fps around 26. FSUIPC reduces the Ai until 30fps is reached. The Ai count is then around 80-90.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@hsvgrange,

Not true.  If you set a target frame rate in FSUIPC then the limit you provide is a LOWER limit. If the frame rate drops below your selected frame rate significantly (for more than a split second), the traffic numbers are reduced whilst above your limit.  The number is not reduced the whole amount in one go, but by decrements proportional to the difference. The result is that the numbers of AI find their 'level' commensurate with your target.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

@Pete Dowson, you’ve used my name in that quote but those are not my words. They’re aditya’s.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

14 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Pete Dowson, you’ve used my name in that quote but those are not my words. They’re aditya’s.

Sorry. I didn't use it deliberately! In fact that's weird. Something automatic. I just used the quote facility to quote the words I saw relevant to my answer. I hadn't even realised you'd answered before me! (Shouldn't the automatic quote labelling have used the name on the bit i quoted?)

Hi Pete, if you quote another post it captures in in its entirety including anything quoted. Some editing is then required to filter out what isn’t necessary.

I suspect had you quoted his original post instead of mine it would have been fine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

if you quote another post it captures in in its entirety including anything quoted. Some editing is then required to filter out what isn’t necessary.

I suspect had you quoted his original post instead of mine it would have been fine.

Just strange that in your post his was a quote already, so if i quoted your post I would expect to see the quote inside a quote.

I've tried editing it to make it right but the quote box and its title seem un-editable. I can only edit the content. 😞

Pete

• Upvote 1

@Pete Dowson, if you quote mine with or without me quoting someone else it will say “Ray said..”.

I’ve  used my mod powers to edit it so your post now mentions him by name. Hope that’s okay. 👍

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you all for your responses! I'll experiment with FSUIPC's traffic limiter settings. Initially I was using FSUIPC's Traffic Limiter with 100 as AI Limit and remaining as the default values of 50 with Target FPS as 30. But recently switched to AI Companion after shifting to AIG's AI Traffic. 

Aditya

58 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Pete Dowson, if you quote mine with or without me quoting someone else it will say “Ray said..”.

I’ve  used my mod powers to edit it so your post now mentions him by name. Hope that’s okay. 👍

Of course you know that you just convinced Pete to create an application for editing posts in flight sim forums, right? 

😁😆🤣😂

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I have always been using fsuipc for ai limiter, But I use the aicull.exe now. I like feature of filtering on closest ICAO prioritizing killing sleeping AI.It keeps more 'active' AI versus zoombies long term sleepers

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Of course you know that you just convinced Pete to create an application for editing posts in flight sim forums, right? 

😁😆🤣😂

😄 You'll be relieved to hear Pete has pretty much retired. He keeps his hand in with FSUIPC but I think AvSim can relax.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@hsvgrange, knowing your hardware would be helpful. You can see mine in my sig and 70 at SimWings Heathrow works pretty well for keeping 30fps.

@vincentrouleau, AIG don't have zombie long-term sleepers. The plans are far more accurate than MyTraffic for example where that did happen.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather