Sign in to follow this  
sfgiants13

FSUIPC Calibration

When I bought the new version and installed it for V5 I installed it for V4 which got rid of my profile.  Now I'm trying to set it back up again and I've noticed something weird when calibrating my yoke.  When I start a turn if I hold the yoke in position the plane stops the turn dead in its tracks.  Say I'll be turning left then turn my yoke for a right turn if I'm not continuously moving the yoke the plane will stop the turn while still in a left bank even though I'm trying to turn to the right.  Any idea what might be causing this?  I have the axis controls set direct to FSUIPC so everything should be setup right. 

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

You haven’t lost your profile and settings. Copy FSUIPC5.ini and rename the copy FSUIPC6.ini. Your settings will be restored.

You will have to delete or rename the existing FSUIPC6.ini.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Do as Ray suggested, but it also sounds like you may have another conflicting control assignment under P3D. Check the axis assignments in P3D and delete those which may be in conflict with your FSUIPC assignments.

John B

Thanks for that.  I didn't realize the old file was left behind.  All seems good now.  The settings are the exact same so no idea what the issue was.  Now if I could just solve my old yoke and pedals being bouncy and not recentering in the same spot.  One flight my plane will just drift right and the next it'll drift left with everything neutral.  Might be time to buy a better set of pedals and yoke.

@sfgiants13, it would help knowing what hardware you currently have and whether this problem affects all aircraft or just one.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It's all of them.  I have the CH pedals and yoke.  Even when I calibrate them the numbers in FSUIPC are bouncing around with the pedals not moving.  

My CH pedals oscillate, I use a 5 deadzone. It doesn't effect the travel, that I can notice. I have to use the same in DCS.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

6 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

It's all of them.  I have the CH pedals and yoke.  Even when I calibrate them the numbers in FSUIPC are bouncing around with the pedals not moving.  

There's nothing inherently different in FSUIPC6 to 5 so we can eliminate that. Use Control Panel - Game Controllers to check them in Windows. If the problem is the same I suspect dirty or worn potentiometers. How long have you had the CH gear?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Another check can be made for testing the quality of a potentiometer turning

For temporary test purposes allocate some other axis to swap with the troubled axis. If fluctuations settle down that might mean the real axis is worn through.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There's nothing inherently different in FSUIPC6 to 5 so we can eliminate that. Use Control Panel - Game Controllers to check them in Windows. If the problem is the same I suspect dirty or worn potentiometers. How long have you had the CH gear?

About 5 or 6 years I think.  It's been a while.  I was planning on replacing everything a couple of years in when I got a new PC but new hardware kept coming out so I kept holding off and did so with the controllers as well.  Makes it awfully hard to taxi in a straight line with the plane turning from side to side.

@sfgiants13, they should be fine assuming you bought new. My pedals are 18 years old and still fine. It might be worth asking in the Hardware sub-forum if anyone can assist. Otherwise you may have just been unlucky.

But you didn't say if the problem also shows up in Game Controllers. Check there too.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

After a quick check in the calibration settings in sim it looks like it doesn't bounce around like they do in FSUIPC.  Seems pretty smooth.

25 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

After a quick check in the calibration settings in sim it looks like it doesn't bounce around like they do in FSUIPC.  Seems pretty smooth.

And what about Control Panel - Game Controllers?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

In the control panel it's still bouncing around.  When I center the pedals it slowly goes further left on the z axis then eventually just bounces back and forth more towards the center of the axis.

11 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

In the control panel it's still bouncing around.  When I center the pedals it slowly goes further left on the z axis then eventually just bounces back and forth more towards the center of the axis.

Then I’m sorry to tell you that the pots are on their way out. If you’re looking for a new yoke at a reasonable price look at Fulcrum. It’s British design and manufacturer but has regrettably been delayed by the COVA-19 virus. The owner has a sub forum here on AvSim. Given the dollar/pound exchange rate it will be a bargain.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather