Sign in to follow this  
snapshot21

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 v1.021 Update (P3Dv5 Compatibility)

1 hour ago, mazelda said:

just to make everyone aware there is a number of people on the q400 forum getting problems with the update in both v4 and v5

I wonder what is the common denomination among those having problems.. Just did a flight and everything went smoothly, no jumping hydraulics or anything..

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

4 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

I also have it from Just Flight and I was able to install directly to v5 with the installer 🙂 as long as it is the 1_021 version, you should have the v5 option when you run it.

Thanks for that. 👍

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Installed the new version but the control panel is strangely laggy and sometimes P3D now crashes after loading.

Does anyone know if update includes new Active Sky WX comparability?

Sorry, no time to research. 

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

5 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

I wonder what is the common denomination among those having problems.. Just did a flight and everything went smoothly, no jumping hydraulics or anything..

Yeah, not sure what happened there, but I went back to the previous update for v5 (v4 installer). With the update, the HSI was flashing unevenly during alignment, the hydraulics were going crazy and the fire suppression indicator lights were intermittently flashing. 

my panel are are jumping like crazy and I did a fresh install. I have no clue what the issue is.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I’m lucky to not have the issue with the hydraulics etc...I wonder what the difference is?  I’m currently enroute YLW-YEG...the only thing I’ve noticed is that the white in my pfd , mfd etc has a greenish tinge to it, and some of the panel textures are a bit blurry when viewed close up (ie when looking at the FMS).

Minor issues though, I’m really happy to be flying the Q again!

Edited by regis9
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Doesn't work for me at all.

Do they even beta test? A lot of people seem to have unusable installations.

Maybe I spoke too soon, I had my first V5 crash in some time nearing YEG...maybe just a coincidence but I’ll have to test it again.  One of those “P3D has stopped responding” crashes.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Purely a data point, I took three flights today with none of the trouble some others have reported. I did have my old ini file saved and subbed in all the relevant values into the new ini file manually.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

11 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Purely a data point, I took three flights today with none of the trouble some others have reported. I did have my old ini file saved and subbed in all the relevant values into the new ini file manually.

I'll have to try that

Have the same jumping instruments problems others are reporting.  In addition, if I load an aircraft after the Q400 I get a CTD 😞

50 minutes ago, Malcolm Street said:

Have the same jumping instruments problems others are reporting.  In addition, if I load an aircraft after the Q400 I get a CTD 😞

Same here 😢