Sign in to follow this  
Figadas

Running with RXP530W v2

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to find anything regarding flying the Falcon with RXP 530W v2 on P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5 but I couldn't, all I can find here or YouTube is regarding the GTN750 

I would just like to ask, if there's any limitations with AP integration, or panel integration on running the Falcon with the RXP 530W or even the 430W or dual config (if natively supported, I don't want to run on window mode)

Thank you very much and sorry for the trouble.

regards,

Igor

Edited by Figadas
Added P3Dv5 to the question since I'll be upgrading at some point

48 minutes ago, Figadas said:

I've been trying to find anything regarding flying the Falcon with RXP 530W v2 on P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5 but I couldn't, all I can find here or YouTube is regarding the GTN750 

The Flysimware GPS configuration tool that comes with the Falcon50 will install the RXP GNS 530 into the panel of the Falcon50 for P3D4.5 and P3Dv5. It will not install the GNS 430 into the panel, however. Whether or not you could use the GNS 430 as a 2D popup, I don't know for sure, but would think you could. The Flysimware configuration tool does not work with aircraft installed using the addon xml method. In that case you would have to install the GNS 530 into the Falcon50 panel manually via the Falcon50 panel.cfg file.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Figadas said:

Did you see this topic?
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/567197-falcon-50-wont-track-flight1s-gns-530-course/

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

52 minutes ago, ark said:

The Flysimware GPS configuration tool that comes with the Falcon50 will install the RXP GNS 530 into the panel of the Falcon50 for P3D4.5 and P3Dv5. It will not install the GNS 430 into the panel, however. Whether or not you could use the GNS 430 as a 2D popup, I don't know for sure, but would think you could. The Flysimware configuration tool does not work with aircraft installed using the addon xml method. In that case you would have to install the GNS 530 into the Falcon50 panel manually via the Falcon50 panel.cfg file.

Al

Hi Al, awesome news, and thank you for the heads up on xml vs old cfg method I'll keep that in mind once I install it later today. thank you so much.

Thank you!

43 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Hi there Frank!

Yes I saw that topic but I thought that was only pertinent to the Flight1 GNS not RXP.

Thank you

regards,

Igor

4 hours ago, Figadas said:

Yes I saw that topic but I thought that was only pertinent to the Flight1 GNS not RXP.

I provided the link because the image of the setup screen shows the third from last option as the Reality XP GNS530.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

17 hours ago, fppilot said:

I provided the link because the image of the setup screen shows the third from last option as the Reality XP GNS530.

No worries Frank, thank you.

I posted also because I  wanted to know if it was working properly too, there's no point in having the option if it's not working, specially after I saw that topic mentioning issues with Flight1's unit

regards