Sign in to follow this  
pannellg

Autumn Scenery?

21 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

I firmly believe that MSFS developers will implement seasonal changes in the new sim.  My guess is that the autogen vegetation will change and the ground textures will be altered in some way, perhaps using shading techniques.

A big question regarding seasons is, as I've said before: how do you know what season it is in a particular location on a particular date?  I again surmise that there will either be a database containing this season by date and location data, or it will simply be up to the user to set the season on the fly.

Dave

So, sounds like X-Plane seasons Add-on. Doesn't bother me coming from XP, I am used to it 🙂

On 7/26/2020 at 6:36 PM, Chock said:

I'm not sure how you imagine a shader will be able to strip leaves off trees and make water freeze.

I think, that color change of leaves and grass will be enough :-).

Actually, I thought about my previous comment suggesting that a shader change would not be able to alter the foliage on trees, and it occurred to me that this isn't strictly true. Theoretically, if you took the shading on a tree down to completely black on an alpha channel, then it would not be visible. However, the vector data would still be loading I presume, which would mean it would not reduce the data as much as loading a model of trees which did not have leaves at all, but in theory at least, that is how a shader could strip the leaves off a tree model in a game or sim.

The same could be done with a texture of a frozen lake too, by ramping its alpha up toward white based on temperature in the sim, and having its z-layer placement be above any other textures so it covered normal water texturing up. Dunno if anyone has ever done this in a sim or game, but I don't really see any reason why it would not work and clearly this is one way that you could have ice accretion appear on an aeroplane model.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Autumn is not very far off in the northern hemisphere.

Any release updates on seeing Fall colors come late September? 

1 minute ago, sweetmusic said:

Autumn is not very far off in the northern hemisphere.

Any release updates on seeing Fall colors come late September? 

Just explore the Southern Hemisphere until a solution comes along.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Can you see the runway?

Yes.

Good.

Leaves aren't turning brown in Autumn on a computer flight simulator = 1st World Problem.

PS There's no cupholder in the C152.

Edited by Pevenhull