Sign in to follow this  
Steve0616

CYWG Winnipeg 2020

Greg,

Absolutely beautiful.  Well done and thanks so much for your contributions to our hobby.  

All the best,

Steve

Gregory,

Unbelievable. The common person has no clue the hours, days, months, that go into putting something like this together. As Graemeb said, absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for this wonderful present!!!!

• Like 1

Absolutely awesome.

nebojsa 

Where can I find this one?

This is a tremendous achievement, Greg, and your hard work is definitely appreciated.  Well done!

John G.

Thanks everyone for all those kind remarks.  Very much appreciated.

Greg

I made a request for AES support at Aerosoft..... but if Beijing can't wake them up I don't hold much hope.

• Like 2

What a great work. I can hardly see a difference to... let's see... a certain Montreal payware in terms of frame rates, textures, modelling... many thanks!

Regarding AES support: I have forgotten how to request... 😷

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

4 hours ago, HaraldG said:

Regarding AES support: I have forgotten how to request...

Don't tread a dead horse...

Dedl

P.S. Winnipeg is the best FS9 scenery forever - also without AES - thanks a lot, Greg... and David and Ed.

Edited by Dedl

Wow.  So I haven't had FS9 up and running in probably 8 or 9 years.  Maybe longer.  A few days ago I got curious regarding whether or not it even still runs on modern hardware so I checked out a few vids on youtube and found that yes, it apparently does although win10 full screen is an issue.  I thought maybe I'd load the disks in and give it a try.  But then I thought...man, do I really want to get on that treadmill again?  Bitd, I had FS9 tweaked to the max and loaded with add-ons.  There's just so bloody much there - it's a real investment of time to get to that point and I'm not sure I want to even go down that road at all at this point.  I hemmed and hawed for a couple days, and then I decided to check out Avsim and see what was happening.  I had the initial bit of melancholy sadness at learning that Tom A has passed.  Very sad to hear that.  

Then, what do I find near the top of the thread list in the FS9 forum??  A brand new scenery package for my home town - Winnipeg!  LOL...well if that isn't a sign from the cosmos I don't know what is!  😆 So, here I am after having installed FS9 on my Win10 laptop.  Got it patched up and running and spent a bit of time getting the controls set.  It was really a cool experience navigating those menus again after all these years!  Like coming home...very familiar.  And boy it's fun to max the graphics settings and see a solid 100fps on the counter!  I also had the instant joy of loading a flight and just touring around looking at the scenery.  The sim still looks just great!  I firmly believe FS9 is one of the finest pieces of entertainment software ever developed.  I bought the steam version of FSX some time ago but it just doesn't click like FS9.

Now to start downloading add-ons.  I see RealAir is no longer operating.  I hope I can find a way to get my Deke flying again.

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 7/10/2020 at 9:25 AM, Zevious Zoquis said:

Wow.  So I haven't had FS9 up and running in probably 8 or 9 years.  Maybe longer.  A few days ago I got curious regarding whether or not it even still runs on modern hardware so I checked out a few vids on youtube and found that yes, it apparently does although win10 full screen is an issue.  I thought maybe I'd load the disks in and give it a try.  But then I thought...man, do I really want to get on that treadmill again?  Bitd, I had FS9 tweaked to the max and loaded with add-ons.  There's just so bloody much there - it's a real investment of time to get to that point and I'm not sure I want to even go down that road at all at this point.  I hemmed and hawed for a couple days, and then I decided to check out Avsim and see what was happening.  I had the initial bit of melancholy sadness at learning that Tom A has passed.  Very sad to hear that.  

Then, what do I find near the top of the thread list in the FS9 forum??  A brand new scenery package for my home town - Winnipeg!  LOL...well if that isn't a sign from the cosmos I don't know what is!  😆 So, here I am after having installed FS9 on my Win10 laptop.  Got it patched up and running and spent a bit of time getting the controls set.  It was really a cool experience navigating those menus again after all these years!  Like coming home...very familiar.  And boy it's fun to max the graphics settings and see a solid 100fps on the counter!  I also had the instant joy of loading a flight and just touring around looking at the scenery.  The sim still looks just great!  I firmly believe FS9 is one of the finest pieces of entertainment software ever developed.  I bought the steam version of FSX some time ago but it just doesn't click like FS9.

Now to start downloading add-ons.  I see RealAir is no longer operating.  I hope I can find a way to get my Deke flying again.

if you have any questions on FS2004 and windows 10 and or addons and textures, feel free to PM me. my youtube channel is Short Final enjoy!!