Sign in to follow this  
Steve0616

CYWG Winnipeg 2020

9 hours ago, ShortFinal said:

if you have any questions on FS2004 and windows 10 and or addons and textures, feel free to PM me. my youtube channel is Short Final enjoy!!

Hey thanks.  I think I've watched a few of your vids.  I've got the old bird up and running again and surprisingly everything is working very well...even full screen.  It appears real-world weather might be a lost feature though.  I haven't been able to find a free option to get that working and I don't really want to go the payware route.  

This Winnipeg scenery is fantastic though!  Great work! 

On 7/13/2020 at 6:47 AM, Zevious Zoquis said:

Hey thanks.  I think I've watched a few of your vids.  I've got the old bird up and running again and surprisingly everything is working very well...even full screen.  It appears real-world weather might be a lost feature though.  I haven't been able to find a free option to get that working and I don't really want to go the payware route.  

This Winnipeg scenery is fantastic though!  Great work! 

FSRealWX lite works well. I would recommend FSRealWX 3.0 even though it is payware. it is compatible with all the modern sims so you wouldn't have a lost investment. 

So, any chance anyone might have some of the old CanUK scenery files for Winnipeg laying around?  Way back in my pre-2010 FS2004 days I had several files for Winnipeg - there was a file that added a bunch of buildings to the downtown area, a file for St. Andrews airfield, and one for Lyncrest airfield as well although I seem to recall I got that one off the website for the airfield itself and it seems to be lost now.  Looks as though quite a lot of good stuff was lost in a hacking incident at Avsim some time ago which is really a bummer.

The screenshots look promising. I downloaded it and installed it but when looking around the airport gave me a complete CTD.

I followed the right steps. I dont know what is the problem. Do you have any suggestions? 

1 hour ago, Dedl said:

Hi Zevious,

you still can find it in the AVSIM library. The name ist "cywg_v101.zip".

Dedl

Thanks, but that's actually just an older version of the airport.  That's pretty much been superseded by this new scenery just released.  What I'd like to do now is get the area around the airport improved a bit.  I think I may be out of luck though.  Sadly it's looking like the scenery packages I had put together bitd have been lost over the years.

On 7/17/2020 at 2:50 PM, Zevious Zoquis said:

Sadly it's looking like the scenery packages I had put together bitd have been lost over the years.

Please do elaborate......

Mitch

2 hours ago, PebbleBeach said:

Please do elaborate......

Mitch

Not sure what more to say.  As I mentioned a couple posts back I used to have a few scenery add on files  improving the city of Winnipeg and environs I'd assembled (well, "acquired" rather) back in my pre-2010  FS9 days .  Those seem to no-longer be available for download anywhere...

Edited by Zevious Zoquis