Sign in to follow this  
Atlas

Invalid License

Just purchased the 750/650 combo and installed it.  I must say I found the purchase process to be really complicated but I got through it safely, I think.  I run the rxpGTN-XPL-Setup.exe file, install the XP11 plugin only, install all the trainers (I didn't know which one to get, so I installed all of them), and installed the mod.  Another issue -- I'm surprised that I can set where the Garmin trainers will be installed but I can't tell it to install RXP to a different folder?  Is it possible to install it somewhere else instead of the default Program Files folder?

Anyway, start up the sim, start up the GTN 750, and I'm immediately given this screen:

BJKF33G.jpg

I do have my proof of purchase .htm files, my .lic files, and my .key files but I don't know what's wrong and why the mod cannot seem to find these files?  I think I can still use the GTN though, as I made it through to the map screen and managed to alter freq, but I also had a message about the license issue.

After a reboot, the GTN 650 .exe file was also flagged for having a trojan.

Edited by Atlas

Have you tried putting the 'RealityXP' folder straight to your 'C' Drive and not in 'Program Files' or 'Program Files (X86)'?

On 7/7/2020 at 10:04 AM, Atlas said:

but I also had a message about the license issue.

What was the message content exactly?

After a reboot, the GTN 650 .exe file was also flagged for having a trojan.

This is a false positive:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522608-trojan-virus-false-positive/

but I can't tell it to install RXP to a different folder?  Is it possible to install it somewhere else instead of the default Program Files folder?

It is not possible at this time.

Is the issue more about occupying space in "C:" or more about the principle of installed where you want?

NB: all of the GTN files installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)" are weighting less than 25MB (this is the size of X-Plane.exe...)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

The install location is just about organizing my add-ons in a particular folder, not an issue of space.

The message was the same, notifying me that my install is invalid.  I can still use the GTN, just get that message everytime I start up.

21 hours ago, cudgedave said:

Have you tried putting the 'RealityXP' folder straight to your 'C' Drive and not in 'Program Files' or 'Program Files (X86)'?

It auto-installs into that directory so I doubt fiddling with it will fix anything and might more likely break more stuff.

There are different topics here, let me try to sort all them out:

1) the installer is copying the product files in a known location, "PF (x86)". These are 'saved copies' of the product plugins. In addition it installs the user's manual and the necessary files for the uninstaller. However, the plugin files are also properly copied in the XP11\Resources\Plugin folder. The purpose of the copies in "PF (x86)" is just so that you can manually copy them back in case you accidentally delete the plugin folder for example. Again, this is only about 25MB we're talking about though...

2) The "RealityXP" folder @cudgedave is talking about is the one in "C:\" which is storing the authentication bit which are unlocking your product on your computer. More specifically there is a .lic file there which must be there. This has nothing to do with the "PF (x86)\Reality XP" folder mentioned above.

3) Can you please PM me your purchase order #?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Sorry, I have no idea about this PF (x86) you are talking about.  I've PM'd you my order details, thank you.

I was just shortening the path name mentioned earlier in the discussion: "C:\Program Files (x86)"

Can you please let me know the files found on your hard drive in "C:\RealityXP" ?

I put as little as possible on my C drive so that in case of corruption, my essential files are elsewhere.  I also wipe my OS drive every year or so and having important data away from that drive means I can wipe with confidence.  I've copied the files from the C:\RealityXP over to my backup drives but the data is still there (htm, lic, and key files).

Ok so all the basics are good.

the only reason it would show this is because the installation is not authenticated on your computer. The content of C:\RealityXP reflects the authentication but if it gets corrupted, or if you copy it from another installation (even past installation) it won't work.

Please just runt the e-commerce installer "rxpGTN-750-XPL.exe", not the software installer (ending with -Setup), enter your F1 account credentials, then click REINSTALL.