Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Website Redesign

https://www.flightsimulator.com/

The website appears to have been totally overhauled with a new look, the Partnership Series highlighted at the top of the page, with a clean list of past development updates and a feed from Twitter on the bottom. The Media section has also received a much-needed update while the FAQ section leads to the help desk now. The Insider Home and profile section have been refreshed as well, while the forums are looking unchanged, at least without the Alpha sections visible. The log-in issue is still happening though. I guess they're getting ready for a big announcement at the upcoming Xbox event.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the headup. Certainly a sign they are nearing beta and release. Plus a very welcome move, the previous site design was a mess.

Next question is when the public fora will become available after being announced "soon" for a year.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Miracle in Redmont ! Everything works even the log-in and even with an iPad ! 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Miracle in Redmont ! Everything works even the log-in and even with an iPad ! 

Interesting. The log-in issue is the first thing I tested and I'm still getting it, on Google Chrome though. At least the slowdown issues should be fixed now.

No matter which browser, still can't login...

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

"totally overhauled" is exaggerated honestly, still looks very blocky and messy in the way they display content by today's standards, it could look so much more modern and sleek... Oh well not a big deal anyway what really matters in the end is the sim itself 🙂

55 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

No matter which browser, still can't login...

That has been a consistent issue for many.  I struggled for months and then suddenly the issue went away for me.  Have absolutely no idea why.  It just happened.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Interesting that the downloadable wall paper files are all 2560 X 1440.  Could that be a cue to minimum display specs?  My current GPU is more than capable but my display is still 1080. Watching monitors as I near a new system build.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

50 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Interesting that the downloadable wall paper files are all 2560 X 1440.  Could that be a cue to minimum display specs?  My current GPU is more than capable but my display is still 1080. Watching monitors as I near a new system build.

There's no such thing as minimum display specs.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Berthier said:

"totally overhauled" is exaggerated honestly, still looks very blocky and messy in the way they display content by today's standards, it could look so much more modern and sleek... Oh well not a big deal anyway what really matters in the end is the sim itself 🙂

The way the content is displayed is pretty much the same, but the new arrangement makes it a lot easier to navigate. Probably the same software behind, but this is more than a simple refresh or reorganisation. There is still plenty of room for improvement though.

49 minutes ago, fppilot said:

They used to be available at 3840x2160 which was the native resolution of the footage captured for the E3 2019 trailer. You can be rest assured that you can still play the simulator with your 1080p monitor as many Alpha testers already do, the display resolution requirements for most games are usually extremely low like 1024x768 or 1280x720, and only because of the UI or HUD design.

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

They used to be available at 3840x2160 which was the native resolution of the footage captured for the E3 2019 trailer. You can be rest assured that you can still play the simulator with your 1080p monitor as many Alpha testers already do, the display resolution requirements for most games are usually extremely low like 1024x768 or 1280x720, and only because of the UI or HUD design.

What I find confusing is this.  Still at FSX.  When in the virtual cockpit, I will use the Carenado Diamond DA62 as the example, The keys/buttons on the glass panel are difficult to read.  But when I spring the popups, even if scaled to the same size, they are crystal clear and easy to read. I have not yet moved to a 1440 or 2160 monitor.  If I did so would the VC come more alive? 

Wondering at 1080 how the panels look in the VC's in MSFS 2020.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

2 hours ago, nikita said:

There's no such thing as minimum display specs.

Yes. I should have said realistic...  Ha!  Even realistic is not the same to each and all of us is it?

Frank Patton
ASUS