Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Is AI traffic CPU or GPU bound?

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

🙂

Maybe I should add a snapshot feature, so you can create a static aircraft scene from a running AI program (=read all parked aircraft and create a WAMA scene from that)?

Best regards

that would be an awesome feature if you can add that.. it will save a lot of time.. I spend around 30 mins per airport for creating static AI.. but i only plan on doing it for 10 airports or so which cannot afford moving AI.. 

• Like 2

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

No problemo via FSUIPC

i have a joystick switch toggle Traffic on/off (in % as you wish )

Michael Moe

when you toggle the traffic back to ON, does it go thru the black reload screen and pause the sim for a few seconds, with the message "Loading air/land/sea traffic" ? or does it do it instantly in the background while you are say taxiing? 

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

2 hours ago, vin747 said:

when you toggle the traffic back to ON, does it go thru the black reload screen and pause the sim for a few seconds, with the message "Loading air/land/sea traffic" ? or does it do it instantly in the background while you are say taxiing? 

No offen you get the 2 second AI reload message. But not black screen though

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I see a serious impact UTLive on performance in P3Dv5. In version 4.5 this was not

FPS drop by 25% even with 20% traffic.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

3 hours ago, vin747 said:

that would be an awesome feature if you can add that.. it will save a lot of time.. I spend around 30 mins per airport for creating static AI.. but i only plan on doing it for 10 airports or so which cannot afford moving AI.. 

OK.

If you are willing to test this, please send me an email with your order number and shop where you bought WAMA. My address is on the last page of the user manual.

I have added a button where you can create a new WAMA scene containing the parked traffic 10nm around you. You can edit it just like the others. For good measure I have added a randomizer option, that will shuffle the objects in a scene every time you start WAMA (= they trade places). 

Best regards

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

5 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

OK.

If you are willing to test this, please send me an email with your order number and shop where you bought WAMA. My address is on the last page of the user manual.

I have added a button where you can create a new WAMA scene containing the parked traffic 10nm around you. You can edit it just like the others. For good measure I have added a randomizer option, that will shuffle the objects in a scene every time you start WAMA (= they trade places). 

Best regards

yes, have sent you the details.. thanks!

Vinod Kumar

One quirk with AIM-OCI is the fact that at default settings you will see 100% traffic if the slider in-sim is 1% or higher. Before installing any flightplans, go to Settings > Flightplans > Max Activity in % and change it from 1% to a higher number, even 100%. That percentage is the in-sim traffic slider setting where AIM traffic will be maxed out. Making a number greater than 1% will allow you to alter traffic using the slider in sim. By default, it is either off or on at 100% and that has a huge fps effect at most airports. No idea why this is the default! Once you've done this then you can install/compile flightplans. If you've already installed flightplans, you will have to recompile them because that setting gets baked into them. 

Edited by shipdriver
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, shipdriver said:

One quirk with AIM-OCI is the fact that at default settings you will see 100% traffic if the slider in-sim is 1% or higher. Before installing any flightplans, go to Settings > Flightplans > Max Activity in % and change it from 1% to a higher number, even 100%. That percentage is the in-sim traffic slider setting where AIM traffic will be maxed out. Making a number greater than 1% will allow you to alter traffic using the slider in sim. By default, it is either off or on at 100% and that has a huge fps effect at most airports. No idea why this is the default! Once you've done this then you can install/compile flightplans. If you've already installed flightplans, you will have to recompile them because that setting gets baked into them. 

I like this default setting as it is now in AIM-OCI 1%, and I set 100% in P3D because supposedly it should give the highest chance of representation of smaller airlines as well.. Then you control the acceptable number of AI in your 3D world by using FSUIPC, AI Companion ro AI Cull. If I get all that right.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

I like this default setting as it is now in AIM-OCI 1%, and I set 100% in P3D because supposedly it should give the highest chance of representation of smaller airlines as well.. Then you control the acceptable number of AI in your 3D world by using FSUIPC, AI Companion ro AI Cull. If I get all that right.

If the max % in OCI is 1%, then P3D setting of 1-99% makes no difference. AI traffic from AIM-OCI will be maxed out, small airline or not. My point is that someone who doesn’t know that traffic is maxed out at any P3D traffic setting other than 0, may be surprised by the volume of traffic and it’s resultant FPS hit. Before I understood what was going on, I was wondering why the traffic slider had no effect and traffic levels at hub airports were crazy busy. I would wager that most people who post about the FPS hit of AIM are unknowingly in this situation.

• Like 1

@shipdriver Yes I read the manual where it states this as well. I forgot what settings I use, but could you please tell me what your settings are in AIG-OCI so that we are able to use the AI traffic slider in Prepar3d to make our changes? I really hope I have the right settings applied, cause I have the full 800+ flight plans installed. That took me ages.

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

6 minutes ago, captain420 said:

please tell me what your settings are in AIG-OCI so that we are able to use the AI traffic slider in Prepar3d to make our changes?

Just set the minimum to 1% and the maximum to 99% then re-download all your airlines so they all get rebuilt. That will give you the most variation on every point of the P3D slider. Complete control.

I think 1 - 99% should be the default setting, the same as several folks here.

Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

11 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Just set the minimum to 1% and the maximum to 99% then re-download all your airlines so they all get rebuilt. That will give you the most variation on every point of the P3D slider. Complete control.

Pete

I think that's how I've set it. Looks like I'm good to go then. I was worried that I'd have to recompile all my flight plans all over again. And I totally agree that the default setting of 1% minimum to 99% maximum should be the default setting. That should cause less trouble and confusion and make more sense.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I've found for me the best option has been using ai companion in  conjunction with aig oci

I have that set for 1% so all aircraft are visable. Then in ai companion i have that set to 130 ai aircraft visable at a max range of 10miles and a refresh of 15 seconds.

So with airports that are close to each other there is no added load of ai that your not going to see anyway

My  6 year old computer is now very modest in todays terms but using this my frames have jumped from 11 at egll to 18 and is smooth.

The airport is full and i have actually been able to now add a small amount of airport vehicle movement.

Pete Little

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Pete

After adjusting min/max to 1%/99% how do I re-download all my airlines? OCI installer considers them installed. I need to reset something to be able to pick them for download again.

Thanks. 

PS: I figure I need to delete them all first, unfortunately one by one, I don't know how to bulk delete them 

Edited by Dirk98

9 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

I figure I need to delete them all first, unfortunately one by one, I don't know how to bulk delete them 

Everything is in one folder, along with the Add-On.XML file instructing P3D to load it all. I would just rename that folder (rather than delete, at least till you get the new one all set), then you should be good to get it all re-generated.

Of course if you are loading all possible flights you'll need about 41Gb space to do it this way. Otherwise, trust it will work and delete the folder instead. Or copy is off to a USB memory stick perhaps.

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen