Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Nvidia brings Ansel-Tool to MS Flight Simulator 2020

Thought this was interesting:

https://wccftech.com/horizon-zero-dawn-pc-microsoft-flight-simulator-2020-to-support-nvidias-ansel-and-freestyle/

Ever since NVIDIA introduced the powerful Ansel 'photo mode' and the Freestyle game filter that lets you add multiple types of filters to your game in real-time, both have been very popular among GeForce users.

NVIDIA has therefore worked hard to enhance compatibility for both Ansel and Freestyle, and the latest GeForce Experience release (version 3.20.4) added official support for thirty-nine games including two highly anticipated ones, Horizon Zero Dawn's PC release and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Needless to say, this is excellent news as both games are going to be beautiful. With Ansel and Freestyle, users will get to make them even prettier while ensuring that their screenshots are as professional-looking as possible.

flight_simulator_hzd-1030x579.jpg

• Like 10

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

13 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I have no idea, technically, what you're talking about cool white cat but it looks good for us, going forward in to MSFS2020.

Well, Freestyle (for instance) allows the application of user designated, or preset filters for things like color, sharpness, depth of field, and other effects in real-time on supported games.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Post processing a single in game video frame?

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

5 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

Post processing a single in game video frame?

No, throughout the whole game.

• Like 2

Devons rig

It has been part of the GeForce drivers since 430.64  

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 minute ago, G-RFRY said:

It has been part of the GeForce drivers since 430.64  

True, but without hacks, it only works with games specifically selected for support by NVIDIA, That support has now been extended to MSFS2020

To date, I believe it still is not supported in X-plane or P3D

Devons rig

Glad to see Asobo/Microsoft working close with Nvidia. I really hope that means DLSS 2.0 sooner than later in MFS2020.

Cheers

Carlos

• Upvote 1

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

6 minutes ago, chass32 said:

Glad to see Asobo/Microsoft working close with Nvidia. I really hope that means DLSS 2.0 sooner than later in MFS2020.

Cheers

Carlos

Not until dx12, unfortunately....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

Not until dx12, unfortunately....

Yep, I meant the whole pack.

Cheers

Carlos

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Good to see they're partnering with GPU vendors again, this means we might have game-ready drivers, ShadowPlay Highlights and more. Flight Simulator X had a performance deficit with 3D clouds in view with ATi GPUs, so I hope they also partner with AMD and Intel (who are now coming up with discrete GPUs).

Nvidia have game-ready drivers for FSX:SE since last year.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

So this is kinda like nVidias version of ReShade? I'll stick with ReShade, its an absolutely amazing creation thats transformed all my games and sims!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThrottleUp said:

So this is kinda like nVidias version of ReShade? I'll stick with ReShade, its an absolutely amazing creation thats transformed all my games and sims!

Here is a list of supported games: https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/geforce-experience/games/#freestyle.html

Devons rig

Is this something that works if all you have is the driver installed or does it require "GeForce Experience"?

P.S.: nVidia has no search feature?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.