Sign in to follow this  
BigG433

X-Plane 11.5 b14 has been released

Howdy all! Just wanted to pass along a heads up that the 11.5 beta 14 is available. Installing now...

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

Just flew it. Seems OK, but I'm getting a lot of stutters with this and the last couple of updates. Anyone else?

Russ

• Like 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

I just completed a 3 hour flight in the JD A330 with the b14 update, a noticeable increase in how smooth it is and frame rate improvement. I found I get a smoother flight without Vulcan ticked in setup. I only have the sliders set to medium but am more than happy with performance and visuals.

steve southey

Is it me? It looks like the sunrise is in the west instead of east....Seen from EHEH

11.50B14

LoL😅 It is me! Not turning on tracking real world time.....pfff Need a vacation...

Edited by bbking
  • Like 1

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

12 hours ago, BigG433 said:

Howdy all! Just wanted to pass along a heads up that the 11.5 beta 14 is available. Installing now...

But how many betas are there going to be before it become release version ? And how long is it going to take ?

43 minutes ago, jfri said:

But how many betas are there going to be before it become release version ? And how long is it going to take ?

well...

Xplane 11 has realistically been beta since 2017.

So what difference does it make really?

Mind you windows 10 has been alpha quality since 2015, So Laminar are doing quite well imho.

• Like 4

AutoATC Developer

4 hours ago, mSparks said:

well...

Xplane 11 has realistically been beta since 2017.

So what difference does it make really?

For me I don't get the update since I use the Steam version of XP11

12 minutes ago, jfri said:

Now you can get  both, follow the instructions for the different beta branches on steam, you have to opt in.

AutoATC Developer

Hello all,

I downloaded and installed yesterday.

For some strange reason, I had to reload my Display drivers (suddenly not compatible with Vulkan) and some of my Saitek controller settings changed.  I also found that my Saitek Trim wheel is no longer recognized by Windows. I have had to reconfigure my Yoke to accommodate the elevator trim.

Other than that, I did not notice any significant difference with subsequent flights.

Don't quite know what to do about the trim wheel though, as it has been an essential part of my simming for quite a while now.

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

13 hours ago, mSparks said:

Now you can get  both, follow the instructions for the different beta branches on steam, you have to opt in.

Yes I noted that it is possible. And I did it since release seem to take forever. But I can't see which beta I have. In XP it only says I have 11.5

On 7/9/2020 at 2:19 PM, jfri said:

Yes you do just go to your properties than set your beta tab to unstable_public_beta-Unnstable Pre-Release. Just did 2 flight with y Toliss A319 using the latest Geforce driver 451.67

On 7/9/2020 at 2:33 AM, BigG433 said:

Feels like a lot longer than a week ago that b14 hit the servers, mostly because dev output on the freeware A318, B744 upgrades and volumetric clouds has been so rapid. 

Really happy they finally nuked misbehaving multithreaded plugins - while I suspected as much, taking the top four slots on the auto submitted crash reports of b14 suggests to me that the vast majority of "it randomly CTD" complaints had their roots here.

Anyone know which plugins/aircraft this impacted?

AutoATC Developer