Lufthansa will be retiring these big girls this year :nangis::nangis: (I know, I know.. 777F's taking over and I like the T7, but still...) If I could have a civilian simpit with money next to no object, then it'd be an MD-11 flightdeck. The freighters have only had the new livery for a relatively short space of time...

Just waiting to get the paperwork out of the way then we can push back and get the air packs going! It's quite warm in Dakar, and still summer in Germany..

KEyowyP.jpg

Phew!  ..as is usual, she usually has no problem achieving a positive rate of climb, even lugging about 60 tons!

GwpWCQZ.jpg

wl3Puq5.jpg

Going to head up across the north west corner of Africa, then up through Spain and France.

wTHTBo2.jpg

gKhgEYw.jpg

The sun is setting on these "steely-eyed missile men" :happy:

qcmfY25.jpg

yfTx0ox.jpg

Passing by Gibraltar (below the fuselage). (NOTAM - total, absolute, bat**it random digression here: As a boy I had a cassette tape called Tunes of Glory, by the Southern Band of the RAF IIRC. My best friend's dad was ex RAF and they had a copy. As I'd recently got my first cassette tape recorder as a Christmas present, that tape was one of the first I ever bought. Among other tunes was the theme to 633 Squadron. That never gets old IMHO! Anyhow one of the tunes was "Night Flight to Gibraltar" and I began humming this when taking the screenshot LOL! :blink:

djTRKvQ.jpg

Descending for a visual on RWY25R

dQEBneY.jpg

Frankfurt.

HAaPFFN.jpg

25R in sight through the murk..

JGRaRAC.jpg

That's a bit clearer!

I2aNr9q.jpg

No shame in that touchdown!

TWBZYBg.jpg

yKku0uU.jpg

Taxiing in - 25R is close to the cargo aprons :happy:

L0T2XIs.jpg

Get the kettle on, boys!

jpDiE2o.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Excellent set! Always enjoy seeing the MD-11.

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Keep this Three-holer flying in the SIM...!! Yes, very nice series of pictures...!

Have transited via Frankfurt many times...a great airport to enjoy viewing, during the transit layovers, these kinds of planes (Pax and Cargo) sauntering around the airport...(of course, Lufthansa colors dominating...I recall, now, mostly the old livery, though, not the new one...)

[BTW, a worthy digression of thought....!!]

• Like 1

Thanks, guys! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

My preferred aircraft at all, always fly with Lufthansa Cargo with D-ALCA. Great shots. So also LH will retire this great aircraft, remain only UPS and FedEx?

• Like 1

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

UPS, FedEx, Western Global and Sky Lease I believe, Riccardo.

Mark Robinson

It's a shame, I've never seen an MD11 live and this retire lets you even less chances. The 11 is my best real and virtual preferted aircraft. Hope will be available another one for MSFS2020.

• Like 1

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

***Fantastic Series***

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick