Sign in to follow this  
Stubenflieger

Mooney M20R Homecockpit

Hello, 

I have built my M20R based cockpit. it is now at a stage where I can show it and where I can use it.

The Cockpit is based on a Mooney M20R but can also simulate any other single engine aircraft. I have 2 32inch LCD screens for left and right view and one projector for the front view.

The simulator I use is X-Plane (V 11.50 B13) and there are 3 screens for the instruments. Each screen is connected to a Raspberry Pi running AirManager. Curently I am testing the new G5 (in the video below you see it, always as PFD configurated...) from siminnovations. For the main instruments I use an old Laptop Monitor where the face can be changed so I can have steam gauges, mixed or complete digital instrumentaion, the others are connected to 2 touchscreen monitors (which I unfortunately cannot use, because there are only drivers for other linux distributions...).

Hardware I use is from several vendors:

The yokes from Honneycomb, the peals from saitek, the NAV 2, COM 2 and Autopilot panel from propwash sim

Starter switch, gearlever and the tpm are from simmax.it.

butkicker ist driven by bff shaker card

the panel itself is lasercutted. I have designed it and a friend has cutted it on his machine. the construction is plywood of 1,5mm thickness and the shell ist 1.2mm thick plywood covered with fabric and leather.

To simulate the vibrations I have added a butkicker and uncoupeled the base from the floor. 

Here ist the Video, I would apreciate followers, I have planned some flights here in Austria and Europe for the next weeks..

Have fun and happy landings!

Markus

Edited by Stubenflieger
  • Like 3

Because some asked, how I did that Air Manager setup, here is a short video about it.

Happy landings!

Markus

• Like 1

Hello,

have just uploaded a new video. This time it is a round trip in my homecockpit around Carinthia's lakes in south of Austria.

Scenery is free- and payware. 

Hope you like it and share it!

Happy landings!

Markus

Hello,

a new Video! I am flying the circling approach to Innsbruck LOWI in the Mooney. Fantastic scenic landscape and shots from my homecockpit.

Happy landings!

Markus

• Upvote 1

Hello, 

a new video is online. It is a roundtrip in my homecockpit around the Salzkammergut in the northern alps of Austria.

I hope you like he beautiful landscape and the plane!!

Happy landings!

Markus