Sign in to follow this  
vin747

Clouds: What's the verdict?

4 hours ago, spilok said:

Lots of flickering of textures too.

Stan

yes, plus the artifacts arround other sceneryobjects like mountains, trees etc. 

BUT....anyway EA give us a sneak peak what we can exspect in the short term from P3D, and i think it will be very nice. And even add-ons like AS will manage the controlling of the weather within EA. In my eyes the V5 is already a big step forward. In legacy mode, with ASP3D, ENVSHADE+ENVTEX+ASCA i have a very very nice and realistic sky, clouds and athmosphere, even better than in V4.5. And on top of that absolutely no stutters anymore at EDDF, EGLL or what ever. And i have set the cloud draw distance up to 120 mi and i see far out weather fronts comming allong my leg like they can be seen on my weather radar on the ND. Thats one important portion of flying airliners across europe for me because of the high dynamic weather here where you have 30°C and burning sun in the south (LEPA etc) and 12° C stormy and rainy in the north like EDDH. 

And i am really looking foward to use EA only once it´s out of the Diapers, because of the beautifull and much more realistic nightsky, stars, dusk and dawn twilight, sunscattering etc. 👍😍

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif